Rear camera - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2017, 08:22 PM   #1

Wisconsin
Rear camera

I just bought a 2017 Coleman 202 RD with a pre-wired furrion mount. I took my furrion camera off a previous trailer and it won't work on the Coleman. the monitor has a jack for a second camera by the 12V cigarette lighter plug and the camera works when I plug it in there. I have a feeling that it's not getting power at the back. I tried putting on the running lights and putting my tow vehicle in reverse (in case it's wired for backup only) but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

redmarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #2

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmarx View Post
I just bought a 2017 Coleman 202 RD with a pre-wired furrion mount. I took my furrion camera off a previous trailer and it won't work on the Coleman. the monitor has a jack for a second camera by the 12V cigarette lighter plug and the camera works when I plug it in there. I have a feeling that it's not getting power at the back. I tried putting on the running lights and putting my tow vehicle in reverse (in case it's wired for backup only) but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Not an expert on RVs, but an old technician
Try checking your fuse/circuit breaker panel. See if you have one marked for camera. Or maybe a blown one or a spare slot?? You might try putting a fuse in the spare slot and see if its actually wired to the camera power feed.

Does yours look like this??

https://store.lci1.com/mounting-bracket-frcbrkt-bl

We have this one and it does have 12 VDC on it. With about 8 foot of wire...........wonder why? haha

Good luck
Bill

ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:26 PM   #3

Wisconsin
Thanks, Bill. Sounds like the logical first step. I'm in Wisconsin and bought the trailer on Thursday. I hauled it to the central part of the state where I store it in single digit temps and snow. It will be a couple of weeks before I take the two hour trip back but I'll keep this forum updated on my progress.
PS. Yes, it's the same mount as the one you posted.
Happy New Year!!
redmarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:34 PM   #4

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmarx View Post
Thanks, Bill. Sounds like the logical first step. I'm in Wisconsin and bought the trailer on Thursday. I hauled it to the central part of the state where I store it in single digit temps and snow. It will be a couple of weeks before I take the two hour trip back but I'll keep this forum updated on my progress.
PS. Yes, it's the same mount as the one you posted.
Happy New Year!!
Good Luck and Happy New Year to you!
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote