Propane quick connect - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2019, 12:41 AM   #1

Georgia
Propane quick connect

I’ve been spending the last few weeks fixing some of the shoddy factory work to my specifications. While looking around I discovered the copper water heater line was nearly kinked off where the factory had carelessly shove it up against the floor. I tried to straighten the line and it snapped off. Soft copper doesn’t make a tight 90.

I took the opportunity to install a propane quick connect that I had wanted and my rig was not equipped with.

So, the line is now done right and I got my quick disconnect too!

While I was getting things like I wanted them I added some drip rails around the windows and other leak prone areas too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0DD7B206-6C05-4A32-B232-F2582603F682.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	5497   Click image for larger version

Name:	55784C8E-BE0A-4AB8-8118-7AF0A00A7CEA.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	5498  

Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:22 PM   #2

Florida
probably void the warranty *wink*... anyway, I wish this forum had a LIKE button! I see you put the screens on. from my perspective, I learned the hard way and found out that dirt dobbers LOVE to make nests in the exhaust and intake areas.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 11:12 PM   #3

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
probably void the warranty *wink*... anyway, I wish this forum had a LIKE button! I see you put the screens on. from my perspective, I learned the hard way and found out that dirt dobbers LOVE to make nests in the exhaust and intake areas.
LOL....yep. Probably will! Void the warranty.

Between red wasps, dirt dobbers and spiders....here in the south east, we have plenty of pests.

Looking under the kitchen sink and shower, I think I better seal up the gaping holes....mouse superhighway.

I’m going to leave mine in the panhandle most of the summer so I’m trying to pestproof as much as possible.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:53 PM   #4

South Carolina
Nice work!

Now I feel like I have to do something LOL

But, I thought all propane and gas lines had to be Iron/steel????
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:48 AM   #5

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
Nice work!

LOL...I can’t leave stuff alone. Half the fun for me is working/customizing my toys. I’m always working on my boat too. I’ve spent the first 4 weeks of owning this thing working on fixing shoddy factory work, adding TVs, and a few custom touches. I even reupholstered the bedroom valences.

I really like to customize but more than anything I can’t stand things that weren’t done properly. I just shake my head at some of this sloppy factory work.

Black iron pipe, copper or brass all suitable for propane.

I used black iron just like the factory to make the tee. That transitions to the brass propane quick connect. On the other side it hooks to the factory soft copper line. All standard propane plumbing.
Old 06-17-2019, 12:59 AM   #6

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
LOL...I can’t leave stuff alone. Half the fun for me is working/customizing my toys. I’m always working on my boat too. I’ve spent the first 4 weeks of owning this thing working on fixing shoddy factory work, adding TVs, and a few custom touches. I even reupholstered the bedroom valences.

I really like to customize but more than anything I can’t stand things that weren’t done properly. I just shake my head at some of this sloppy factory work.

Black iron pipe, copper or brass all suitable for propane.

I used black iron just like the factory to make the tee. That transitions to the brass propane quick connect. On the other side it hooks to the factory soft copper line. All standard propane plumbing.

Okay, great.
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:12 AM   #7
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
Nice work!

Nope
Copper used to be the standard. Then they went to the black pipe, then rubber hoses.

My 70's vintage airstreams were copper with a tin liner, used double swedge fittings. Shut off valves were outside the belly pan. Had an 80s vintage Coachmen, had the black iron main line with copper to the individual appliances, shutoff valves on the frame, no belly pan.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:30 AM   #8

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Nope
Copper used to be the standard. Then they went to the black pipe, then rubber hoses.

My 70's vintage airstreams were copper with a tin liner, used double swedge fittings. Shut off valves were outside the belly pan. Had an 80s vintage Coachmen, had the black iron main line with copper to the individual appliances, shutoff valves on the frame, no belly pan.

Aaron
All my shutoff valves are conveniently located on top of the propane tank in one central location. LOL.