Prewired Satellite/Cable - Page 3 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2018, 02:08 PM   #41

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
The jumper is just an easy way to go back to cable or use the RV's antenna. Do you use the HDMI connection off the receiver for HD signals? The SD stuff for Direct is scheduled to be discontinued in the near future.
All the equipment I bought was obsolete so directv gave me all new reciever and dish so I am using a hdmi connection and the coax is only from the dish to reciever

Sladeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:15 AM   #42

Alabama
Quote:
The jumper is just an easy way to go back to cable or use the RV's antenna. Do you use the HDMI connection off the receiver for HD signals? The SD stuff for Direct is scheduled to be discontinued in the near future.
I FINALLY SEE AND UNDERSTAND THE JUMPER. This site shows me whats going on.http://www.tv4rv.com/wiring.pdf

Old 09-22-2018, 02:13 AM   #43

Alabama
Quote:
if you hook the receiver directly to the dish, do you get a signal? Which receiver do you have? take a picture of your LNB and dish. Did you purchase that tracer yet?
Here is a pic of the lnc and reciever, the dish is a standard hd dish
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180921_210442.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	5044   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180921_210414.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	5045  
Old 09-22-2018, 11:06 AM   #44

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladeb View Post
I FINALLY SEE AND UNDERSTAND THE JUMPER. This site shows me whats going on.http://www.tv4rv.com/wiring.pdf
same/same as 1l243 showed.

I purchased a new LNB online for less than 20 bucks. easier for me...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0990.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	5046   Click image for larger version

Name:	7syiCUG.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	5047  
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #45

Florida
Quote:
Here is a pic of the lnc and reciever, the dish is a standard hd dish
I don't think you should be using the b-band converter!

do you get a signal with just hooking direct?

I have that same receiver, I needed to use the power injector because it does not supply power to the LNB. I also use a SWM type of LNB because it has a multi-switch built into it and I can run more than one receiver at a time. Are you getting a signal when you hook direct to the dish from the receiver?????
Old 09-22-2018, 11:18 AM   #46

Florida
https://www.amazon.com/DirecTV-SL3S4...70_&dpSrc=srch
Old 09-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #47

Florida
further research... I would call dtv support to see if you need the converter. i think If you touch the - button, it will tell you if you need it or not.

https://blog.solidsignal.com/tutoria...erter-use-one/

That receiver has an AUTO set up that detects the LNB and sets itself up to receive signals.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:05 PM   #48

Alabama
Quote:
I don't think you should be using the b-band converter!

do you get a signal with just hooking direct?

I have that same receiver, I needed to use the power injector because it does not supply power to the LNB. I also use a SWM type of LNB because it has a multi-switch built into it and I can run more than one receiver at a time. Are you getting a signal when you hook direct to the dish from the receiver?????
From the dish directly to the reciever it's fine. But when I go through the ca le input and disconnect the cable from outside going to the booster and connect it directly to the reciever I get nothing
Old 09-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #49

Alabama
Quote:
further research... I would call dtv support to see if you need the converter. i think If you touch the - button, it will tell you if you need it or not.

https://blog.solidsignal.com/tutoria...erter-use-one/

That receiver has an AUTO set up that detects the LNB and sets itself up to receive signals.
that's how the tech set it up
Old 09-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #50

Alabama
Quote:
same/same as 1l243 showed.

I purchased a new LNB online for less than 20 bucks. easier for me...
id like to see a schematic of how yours is hooked up working from the outside input
Old 09-22-2018, 06:18 PM   #51

Alabama
Thanks for all the help, I now have my camper wired for satellite, I was able to bypass the booster and ad a Male to make plug to the plate for sat and another Male to Male back to the booster for cable and it all works
Old 09-22-2018, 07:28 PM   #52

Florida
Quote:
Thanks for all the help, I now have my camper wired for satellite, I was able to bypass the booster and ad a Male to make plug to the plate for sat and another Male to Male back to the booster for cable and it all works
good to hear.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:48 PM   #53

Saskatchewan
Have you tried to hook your satellite direct to your receiver and your receiver direct to a TV first before you RIP the trailer apart??
23satd5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:05 AM   #54

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23satd5 View Post
Have you tried to hook your satellite direct to your receiver and your receiver direct to a TV first before you RIP the trailer apart??
I figured it out, had to bypass the booster, worked like a charm
Old 09-23-2018, 12:14 AM   #55

Texas
Just a thought i was having issues with mine so i went to dealer and they gave me a new outlet and I went back and installed it and worked perfect. They told me that sometimes they get a bad one and this might be a quick fix, was for me.
Flip48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:52 AM   #56

Oklahoma
Satellite Port.

I had a similar problem with my satellite connection. Unknown to me, you have to run the coax directly to the sat box from your dish. There are too many T's, filters and splitters inside your RV and it degrades the signal.
Technoguy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:44 AM   #57

Illinois
Quote:
Perhaps your sat box is powering the LNB. If that is the case, the splitters on the rv will not pass the power. There is a splitter and a power injector (amplifier) built into the main switch for the system (the one with the button). that guy probably won't pass power either ... what sat company do you have? My sat box here supplies power to the LNB and I have Direct TV. when I use the RV, I have to use a power injector in order to supply the power. Works fine.
You have a splitter in that line and you need to remove it
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:04 AM   #58

Oregon
I'm not sure I believe in the no splitter theory at least with the Dish system. Mine works fine LOL!

1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 04:16 AM   #59

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1l243 View Post
I'm not sure I believe in the no splitter theory at least with the Dish system. Mine works fine LOL!

I tried and tried to get mine to work and no luck. Finally after hanging up on two so called techs, the 3rd time I got a good one. He told me to run a cable out a window or door straight to the satellite, another words without going through any connections in the rv. I did while he patiently waited,, and it worked,, so he told me you have a splitter in the system and it won't work with it in there,, so the next day I followed the outside connection all the way to where TV hooks up,, and behind the wall was a splitter, took it out and everything worked. So I put another jack outside a ran a new cable back to the TV put a connector there with a wall plate and now it works great
Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:50 PM   #60

Florida
Chances are the problem was not so much the fact that there was a splitter there, but the fact that the splitter was of a cheap, non-satellite quality splitter.
If you had a splitter, that means the antenna was intended to take the signal to another TV or maybe your stereo system. Did you loose the signal to the other device after removing the splitter? Or another thought could be, they used the splitter backwards to combine two inputs like your OTR antenna and the cable input jack usually found in the wet bay.
Anyway, my point is by removing the splitter, you gained satellite, but lost something else. Install a higher quality satellite splitter to regain whatever you lost.

The problem solver: 2017 Tiffin Breeze 32BR
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote