Picking up our new Denali 289RK - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2015, 12:16 AM   #1

Ontario
Picking up our new Denali 289RK

Well, we are getting pretty excited as we will be picking up our 2014 Denali 289RK that we purchased new last October. We are picking it up on May 8th and driving directly to the campsite for a 10 day trial run to make sure everything works. We hope not to have any problems, or at least, nothing that I can not fix or tweak myself. From what we have heard so far from other Denali owners is that very few experienced problems with their rig in the fist 2-3 years. Let's hope we are that lucky!!

Old 03-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #2

Missouri
That was a long wait to take delivery!! I bet your anxious to get out in your new travel trailer. I don't think I could of waited that long.
I am sure you had time to assemble all of the things your going to need for your first trip. I hope all goes well!

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:58 PM   #3

Ontario
Yes EricNSTL, it was a very long winter and we still have 2 feet of snow on the ground and had about 3'' last night so I have to shovel this morning. As you said though, it gave us the time to gather all the stuff we need. Just hoping now that the maiden voyage will be without problems!!
Old 03-15-2015, 07:33 PM   #4

Ontario
EricNSTL, I have a question for you since we have the same model....the sound system located under the TV set, what functions does it have? Does it have surround or at least outputs where one can feed the signal to either a tv soundbar (which is what I will be looking at) or a separate AV receiver so you can set up your own surround system? I don't imagine the quality is that great so I would like to know going in if I need to eventually look at updating it. Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 03-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #5

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired Mountie View Post
EricNSTL, I have a question for you since we have the same model....the sound system located under the TV set, what functions does it have? Does it have surround or at least outputs where one can feed the signal to either a tv soundbar (which is what I will be looking at) or a separate AV receiver so you can set up your own surround system? I don't imagine the quality is that great so I would like to know going in if I need to eventually look at updating it. Thanks in advance!!!!
Good question! No surround sound...

The radio/DVD player only has one RCA output going to the TV. (red white and yellow.. right, left and video.)

The radio/Bluetooth will play through the three speaker zones, but not the TV. The DVD/CD will play through everything. The three speaker zones are set up as living room, kitchen and outside.

I would imagine that you could wire in your sound bar. The unit is easy to get to the back, and believe there is another RCA output.

I find that the sound quality is poor from the TV that was put in my trailer. And that Furrion system is not really of any quality that we would put in our homes. It has no HDMI or HD Outputs. However, the Bluetooth works good for playing music from our phones.

Here is a link to the Furrion player. You can download a manual at the bottom of the page.

Entertainment System - FURRION

2014 Denali 289RK
2017 Nissan Titan XD Pro-4X CC.
EricNSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #6

Ontario
Thanks for the info Eric!!
Old 03-17-2015, 03:13 AM   #7

Washington
Picking up ours on Wednesday. Just finished doing a last little bit of shopping to outfit it so we can head out for a "test" trip on Thursday. Now I hope I have remembered everything but I am sure I haven't. Cant wait to pick up the new rig!
Cam Shoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:04 AM   #8
Site Team

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Shoug View Post
Picking up ours on Wednesday. Just finished doing a last little bit of shopping to outfit it so we can head out for a "test" trip on Thursday. Now I hope I have remembered everything but I am sure I haven't. Cant wait to pick up the new rig!
Congratulations on the new rig. I have been camping for 40+ years and still manage to forget something every time I go.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:14 PM   #9

Ontario
Lucky you Cam!! We still have 2 feet of snow out here in Ottawa, Canada (unusual for mid-March) but it's slowly melting....not fast enough for my taste though...LOL