Out of State Warranty Work? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2013, 01:32 PM   #1

Nevada
Out of State Warranty Work?

Does anyone know how Dutchmen handles warranty work when the original dealer is in a different state?

We bought our TT earlier this year in Idaho which is a 7 hour drive. Apparently Dutchmen has sent out new windows and some other items for our Trailer and they need to be replaced but I don't want to drive all the way up there to drop it off and come back a week later to get it again.

Will they shift responsibility to my local dealer? Anyone have any ideas?

technologiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #2

Oklahoma
I was told by my dealer in Lakewood that Dutchman has authorized dealers in many places for warranty work. No way could they expect you to drive 800 miles, in my case, for warranty work.
Camping World is one such authorized warranty center as are many other major dealerships. One thing I understand about other dealerships and warranty work or service, since you didn't buy from them you are placed on the bottom of the stack. They will take care of their customers first which is fair. Just google for Dutchaman dealers in your area and give them a call.

sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:53 PM   #3

Indiana
I purchased our unit in Elkhart, ID. We were not going back there to have warranty work done. It's only 1,100 miles away.
We chose a Dutchmen dealer 20 miles away. Our coach was there just under 30 days and they had fixed minor issues. No major issues were being taken care of. My warranty rep said, 'get it outta there'.
Another Dutchmen dealer refused because we didn't purchase from them.
We found an RV company that just repaired units. Dutchmen had no problem working with them. That RV repair company worked out very well.

2012 Dutchmen 3850RL
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote