Our new Denali 289RK - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #1

Washington
Our new Denali 289RK

After a fresh wash and waxing the windows with Collinite 845 (look it up its FANTASTIC on your vehicles and windows)....

Some reflection, huh? We went camping for four days in snow, sleet, hail and rain and there were never any waterspots or anything after using 845 on the windows.

Glenn and Cheryle- loving retirement
Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
2012 F150 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow
Denali2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #2

Washington
Re: Our new Denali 289RK

Looks great! I'll have to look that up.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #3

British Columbia

Wow, that stuff is great! I did a quick search and people refer to it as a Canadian winter wax. Now it's time for the questions, hopefully you don't mind.
Did you do the windows and the fiberglass sides, also did you use the cleaner before the wax?
If you did do the fiberglass, did you just go around the decals or wax those also.
I found a Canadian supplier online, but wondering if you found it locally, perhaps at a chain store or autoparts outlet.
Thanks for the insite and pictures, I've been searching for a suitable wax and it looks like you've pointed me in the right direction

Cheers
Daryl B.
grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #4

Washington

I did the windows and the front of the trailer.....you ought to SEE the diamond plate at the bottom SHINE!!!! I went right over the decals, no problem. The trailer is new, so I did not use any cleaner --- and I would be VERY careful with any abrasive cleaners any where near the decals --- the 845 just shined them up......I once got some STONERS window cleaner on some of my decals, and it melted the decals, so I understand your question very well!!
You will LOVE the 845 on the paint, windows of your truck and canopy as well. I've never seen a product that is this inexpensive, you use so little, it goes on and off as easy, lasts a long time, repels water....well, I could go on...
Its available through both Amazon and eBay....one of the sellers is offering a free microfiber towel and applicator pad, as well as free shipping for $16.95 for the 16 oz bottle.
You use so little that you could do your truck 15 times with one bottle...

Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
Old 04-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
VIP Member

Very nice, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
2010 Dutchmen Lite 25C-GS[/left:3djbo713]
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #6

Very nice I'm going to have to try this product. Truck & Trailer look amazing..Well done

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #7

Does this stuff come in Cream colored bottle with large words INSULTOR Wax on the front?? Thanks. I think i found it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liquid- ... 548&sr=8-1
Neicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #8

Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neicho
Does this stuff come in Cream colored bottle with large words INSULTOR Wax on the front?? Thanks. I think i found it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liquid- ... 548&sr=8-1
Yes, that's it. Cream colored bottle with red lettering on it. Look on eBay too and compare costs including shipping......In your Amazon link, you can see the "845" in the upper left corner of the bottle in smaller letters.

Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
Old 05-02-2012, 12:55 AM   #9

That product sounds great!, but I'd be careful buying item's like that on amazon and eBay, the sellers are able to go and buy these in bulk for a cheap price from the manufacturers or place's that overfilled there inventory, that being said they sell it any way they can at a cheap price and that's because the items are near expiration or expired and can ruin your paint windows etc in the long run, just something to keep in mind.
Jpablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #10

Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpablo
That product sounds great!, but I'd be careful buying item's like that on amazon and eBay, the sellers are able to go and buy these in bulk for a cheap price from the manufacturers or place's that overfilled there inventory, that being said they sell it any way they can at a cheap price and that's because the items are near expiration or expired and can ruin your paint windows etc in the long run, just something to keep in mind.
Wow..... Pretty negative for your first post....... Welcome to the forum, Jpablo.....
I don't think that I'd worry about what you express if the seller has a 100% feedback on thousands of sales....no worry on your paint and windows with 845 regardless.....

Spokane, Washington
2012 Denali 289RK
Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #11

Glen & Cheryle: Your trailer looks great. Are you selling this stuff.......just curious? We just purchased a 270 FK, a bit smaller than your 289RK and with one less slide, we really love it so far. I'll look for this product. We cannot keep the trailer at our home, we have it parked in a storage yard so it is a bit harder to wash and wax the trailer in one operation......do I need to worry about waxing over a little dirt/dust, or will this stuff clean and wax so long as it is not too filthy?

Maybe this should be a new post, but in regard to your 289RK do you/have you had any warranty issues that the dealer isn't able to address? Our trailer is back at the dealership with some items and I have some concerns.

2011 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5.7 Hemi
Fat Fiat is offline   Reply With Quote