opinions on TT scrapping vs selling - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2020, 03:57 PM   #1

Indiana
opinions on TT scrapping vs selling

Hi,
So I just bought a newer TT to replace my old 1994 Classic 300. Now I have to decide how to get rid of it. IT has a few roof leaks that I have constantly fought and some rotted spots on the floor. What I am thinking of doing is pulling off all the upgraded parts I added. Installing them on the new camper and scrapping the rest. I would be pulling of my MicroAir, Mount-n-lock, Golf Cart batteries, roof vent fans, Upgraded Converter, electric tongue jack...along with some interior items (tv mount etc).

The scrap yard said I would have to tear it down to bring in the rest of it.

So this is one option. The other one would be to pull off the items and see if anyone would want to purchase it as is. Either to fix up or part/scrap out.

Also. is there any market for parts such as a the stove, fridge, microwave etc etc?

Just kinda brainstorming and wanted to get others opinions an ideas.
Her is a pick of it:

Jayro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 08:05 AM   #2

Utah
RV salvage yards Thanks go to Thom for this link. If you have one close to you, might be worth the call.

Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:23 AM   #3

Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
RV salvage yards Thanks go to Thom for this link. If you have one close to you, might be worth the call.

Thanks. I will check it out.
Old 11-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #4

Indiana
From the RV Salvage yard list there are quite a few about 1-1.5 hours from me. I am thinking I may try to clean it up and sell it for a couple thousand prior to scrapping. See if there is any interest. The previous owner redid the interior paneling, flooring etc. It is too bad that when he did he didn't get the outside sheet metal lined up better. It left larger gaps at the seams and corners. They were sealed up with caulk, but I am pretty sure this is where the leaking is coming from.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:11 PM   #5

Florida
You’d be surprised how many people are looking for a cheap trailer I sold an older one for $1500 got a lot of interest on craigslist the first person that bought it used it to put on his property while his house was getting built just saying . All our best central fla
Ovalvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:19 AM   #6

Illinois
Sold 1 for a hunting cabin

Local150 is offline   Reply With Quote