Newbie with a few questions. - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2021, 02:25 PM   #1

Utah
Newbie with a few questions.

Hi. Just bought a 2013 Dutchmen 265BHS. I've had it set up in the driveway and so far everything seems to be in good shape. All electrical and gas systems work as the should to the best of my knowledge. Tires are from early 2019 and I got some good advise to check the brakes and bearings, will do that this weekend. I do have a few questions that I've come up with and hope this is the right thread to ask them in:

1. I don't have the title yet (previous owner had a loan so I should be getting it in the next week or so), but I don't see any other make on it besides Dutchmen. Reading in another thread someone said there are no "Dutchmen" trailers. Dutchmen makes them but it will fall under Coleman or some other brand. Is this accurate?

2. The outside speakers are hooked to a JBL PRV-175 bluetooth unit. I can't get that unit to turn on. Would there be a switch inside the trailer somewhere to provide power to it or is it just shot?

3. There is only one set of crappy speakers inside the trailer. I pulled the head unit and see that those are wired to channel A. Channel A also offers middle and rear speakers and well has one set of speakers to Channel B and C but nothing is wired to them. How hard is it run speaker wire if I wanted to add another set or two of speakers. I'm not seeing an easy way to get into the ceiling.

4. Where the slide comes into the trailer there is a bit of a gauge in the floor from it sliding in and out. Is there an adjustment I need to make?

5. If I wanted to replace the linoleum flooring do I need to stick with Linoleum or could I use a LVP type floor. I guess I'm wondering with a slide does floor thickness matter and how thick can I go?

Thanks in advance!

BBD700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #2

California
Check the spring shackles. I replacement all of mine with new better ones and wet bolts. Etrailer.com good source for lot of things with reviews and some installation videos.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:53 PM   #3

Oregon
Check the date code on batteries also.

Depending on slide type my slide sits down in a hole the tracks up and rolls across the floor on rollers. Your rollers could be bad? Will need to fix before new floor.

Hold the power button down for a few seconds to see if it comes on. If not check for fuse

Replace crappy speakers with good ones and forget about adding others IMHO

Good luck
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 10:40 PM   #4

Wisconsin
1. I don't have the title yet (previous owner had a loan so I should be getting it in the next week or so), but I don't see any other make on it besides Dutchmen. Reading in another thread someone said there are no "Dutchmen" trailers. Dutchmen makes them but it will fall under Coleman or some other brand. Is this accurate?
I have a 2018 Dutchman Kodiak. There are older Dutchmen trailers.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 12:15 AM   #5

Alabama
I have a Dutchman 2012 Komfort 5th wheel. Check out my entries in the Dutchman Komfort page to see all that I have done to make it livable.
Livin the Life
OldOneTwo is offline   Reply With Quote