new Aspen trail owner. common problems? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 05-20-2012, 03:33 AM   #1

new Aspen trail owner. common problems?

new owners of a 2012 Aspen Trail 30BHDS with a couple of weekends under our belts, but having fun! waiting for the summer when we can steal a little more time for longer trips. each trip has brought about a new water leak (first was water heater fitting and second a bad pump seal, in the shop now for repair), but I guess small things will always creep up! Anything else I should be expecting common to the Aspen Trail line?

gooseman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #2

Re: new Aspen trail owner. common problems?

Congrats on the new Aspen gooseman3 Hope you have a great summer

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
VIP Member

Water system problems can probably be the most common on new equipment, because I would imagine factories do not put water in the tanks and pressure test them. If you've got it in for repairs all the joints should be individually looked at by the dealer employees. Congratulations on the new trailer.
2010 Dutchmen Lite 25C-GS[/left:3djbo713]
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #4

British Columbia

Congratulations on the purchase....we had a few warranty items that were
looked after as well...but it's not like taking a new car/truck in for warranty work where in most cases U get a loaner!!!!
Canada
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #5

Montana

WE have a new Aspen Trail 2710BH bought in November 2011 and we STILL haven't had it out for a maiden voyage. I have been "exercising" the components for a couple months now, though. No water leaks so far. I did find that the spare tire was not the same size tire as the 4 main tires, so the dealer replaced it under warranty. Also, no bathroom vent/fan installed! I had to cut a hole in the roof and put one in myself, luckily the roof is "meant" to have one in that location so it was super easy to do. I even got a schematic from Dutchmen when I asked for one.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #6

North Carolina
Water Leaks ?

Gooseman3 - How did you find your water problems/leaks? I ask because we bought a 2012 2500 BH Aspen Trail last fall. We've enjoyed camping in it a lot! My husband thoroughly & completetly drains all tanks & lines and we park it in the same spot each time we get home. When we hook up and get ready to go again water is coming out from underneath and it looks like it's coming from up at the front end where there are no water lines. Our TT is completely enclosed underneath so we can't see anything. Any ideas or suggestions from anyone? We are not seeing any water inside or in any of the storage compartments? I have a call in to the dealer we purchased it from but have not received a call back as of yet.
LadyInPink63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #7

California
Lady in Pink, is the water coming out after he has filled the fresh tank? Did he overfill or fill it on other than a level spot. I've never seen a fresh water tank, but my old Jayco seemed to pour out the water when I overfilled it. The water did not come back through the fill valve, nor did it come out of the low point drain, it just kind of slopped over the sides? of the tank.
Jlew127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #8

North Carolina
Water Leaks ?

Jlew127
Thanks for the response, but, no. My husband didn't overfill the fresh water tank. That's what really has us stumped. I'm seeing the water draining once we've hooked up in our yard, getting ready to leave to go camp. There is no water in the fresh tank and both the gray & black tanks have been drained.
??
LadyInPink63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #9

Montana
Do you water the grass near your storage spot and could sprinkler spray get into the cavity beneath the TT floor but above the bottom liner? That happens to ours, when I hook up and move it the trapped water will drain out from around the bottom liner. There is a sprinkler head under the TT in my preferred parking spot.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #10

Pennsylvania
anyone try there aspen trail in teh winter months yet? how did it do? what modificatiosn did you have to make or recommend?

squirrel4207 is offline   Reply With Quote