Need opinions on major issues with new kodiak tt - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #21

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooretcp View Post
We got the TT back this week. The cabinet looks worse with white mildew/mold on it. Also smaller side cabinet has it all over the bottom of it. I'm sure its from the carpet getting wet but that's also the corner that shows moisture with the moisture reader. We were told "humidity" can cause that but I first noticed it and they checked it in January. They didn't even bother to try to clean it up or the dark water lines from the bedroom window. You would think they'd at least try to make it look better. I sent a very direct email to the general manager of the dealership that I have been dealing with. So first of the week we will have some conversations.

I just don't know if I should demand a fair trade in on a new one or just deal with this one. I feel like they are not going to be willing to repair anything else. If this were just minor cosmetic issues, then okay but I'm worried the damage is major and we just don't know it yet. Help!! I know most of you are experienced owners.....just don't want to let another issue go and end up having to pay thousands for something.
"You would think they would at least try", common mistake thinking an RV dealership would try to do anything more than what the warranty pays. If the manufacturer can't suck up their own saw dust the lazy ass dealer isn't going to spend one more second than necessary.
I retrieved my 3800 after a slide repair and as we were extending the slide I noticed the floor covering had been torn from the jacked up slide while extending prior. I brought it to the attention of the service person and he just shrugged and said he'd need to file another claim. I had to drive 60 miles to get the RV so a phone call (here again thinking gets in the way), would have been helpful.

The entire RV industry works under the 'Braille' method.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote