My reason for my posts - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #1

Florida
My reason for my posts

I don't hate my trailer
It's not damage from something hitting it

It's not from poor care

I posted it show poeple how Dutchmen let my trailer leave thier factory
With a separation on the cap. The cap didn't go all the way to meet the side wall
On the left side of trailer

I am not pissed about any delamintion.
When I removed the insert trim an saw that separation I was upset
When I wrote to them I got a not so good reply.
Like they didn't care that thier let a trailer with bad workmen ship leave thier factory

That's my beef. With. Keystone Dutchmen.
Plus my furniture is falling apart. An not cause of poor care.

Smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:53 PM   #2

New York
If it's any consolation, poor workmanship is across board for many makes. Unfortunately these things aren't made to last. Cheap panneling, poor quality hardware, doesn't matter how well you take care of it, there's always something that will show up eventually. When I bought my Coleman in 2014 right from the factory it was plagued with issues. Rain water leaked into the interior through the slide out seal when driving. Never was able to get that resolved and wound up having to come up with a solution myself. The storage door leaked and had to be replaced, the sky light besel was cracked, lamanent coming off the walls, fridge maintenance door cracked, and LED strip over awning fell off. Luckily I'm able to handle alot of stuff myaelf, it would have been even worse if I had to rely on service to repair. Campers are a headache no matter what, but it's a price to pay for the joy of camping. Some folks get lucky and get a good unit, others not so lucky. I have learned to manage my disappointments, and deal with each issue as it comes. As far as your roof issue, it is poor craftsmanship, but the people putting these things together aren't Craftsman, they are assembly line workers, under the gun to get things done fast. Quality control tends to get overlooked a lot. I imagine if everyone started taking apart thier campers they would find more defects than they ever wanted to know about. I went through a year of anger Everytime something went wrong, but eventually just came to terms with it and focused on the traveling and experiences. The mechanicals of my camper have always been reliable, just the construction has been an issue. Unfortunately, they cost s lot, and that is what makes it so hard to except. Hope u can get things fixed and get back to what matters most, the camping!

mictin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:31 PM   #3

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by mictin2 View Post
If it's any consolation, poor workmanship is across board for many makes. Unfortunately these things aren't made to last. Cheap panneling, poor quality hardware, doesn't matter how well you take care of it, there's always something that will show up eventually. When I bought my Coleman in 2014 right from the factory it was plagued with issues. Rain water leaked into the interior through the slide out seal when driving. Never was able to get that resolved and wound up having to come up with a solution myself. The storage door leaked and had to be replaced, the sky light besel was cracked, lamanent coming off the walls, fridge maintenance door cracked, and LED strip over awning fell off. Luckily I'm able to handle alot of stuff myaelf, it would have been even worse if I had to rely on service to repair. Campers are a headache no matter what, but it's a price to pay for the joy of camping. Some folks get lucky and get a good unit, others not so lucky. I have learned to manage my disappointments, and deal with each issue as it comes. As far as your roof issue, it is poor craftsmanship, but the people putting these things together aren't Craftsman, they are assembly line workers, under the gun to get things done fast. Quality control tends to get overlooked a lot. I imagine if everyone started taking apart thier campers they would find more defects than they ever wanted to know about. I went through a year of anger Everytime something went wrong, but eventually just came to terms with it and focused on the traveling and experiences. The mechanicals of my camper have always been reliable, just the construction has been an issue. Unfortunately, they cost s lot, and that is what makes it so hard to except. Hope u can get things fixed and get back to what matters most, the camping!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:40 PM   #4

Texas
Well stated Mictin2... Agree Smily if you got it from the factory that way I wouldn't have accepted but sometime you don't know till its too late...
RV= (Real Value)... right.

We are happy with our Aspen Trail trailer. It withstood 3 grand sons last week 2, 5,7 years of age. It was really hot in East Texas and we were either in the pool or the trailer.
Texas Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:21 PM   #5

Florida
Hello Texas Camper

You when you buy them you can't see what's behind a trim or a wall. Til you have to repair something. When contacted keystone. They didn't care. So will never buy another Dutchmen Keystone trailer. You just don't know what your buying.
I live in Florida. In upstate New York visiting family. That's when I found out the trailer
was poorly put together. Sad. Buy American. Right
I will bad mouth keystone when ever I can. Just let poeple know they may not be buying
Quality.......well happy camping. I stil like my trailer. And will fix things when I find a problem
It's paid for. Travel Safely.
Smily is offline   Reply With Quote