mattress - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2017, 02:15 AM   #1

Oklahoma
mattress

My wife and I sleep on a sleep number mattress at home. She sets her side at 30 and I sit mine at 85.

Our tt has a short queen ...... 60*75".

I can sleep on the tt mattress .... the wife hates it. We have read about toppers and only been able to touch the Walmart level foods.... we, looked on line for higher quality? Goods.

We also looked on line for new mattresses

Read about the liberal sounding return policies to find most refunds don't happen as one can't compress the mattress as it was sent and the return postage becomes non cost effective.

Input would be appreciated

jmc74037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 09:56 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Sleep number makes mattresses that work in RV's. Or someone makes something similar. My Concord has a Sealy pillow top mattress that is actually more comfortable than the one in our home bedroom.

Unfortunately mattresses/beds are the hardest thing to shop for.

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 02:06 PM   #3

Massachusetts
I extended the platform in my camper and put a full length queen matress in .. as I am 6'4
...I also sleep better in the camper than at home
Mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #4

Colorado
I put a King Radius sleep number bed in my TT. I now sleep as well as I do at home. I found it on sale at Camping World last spring and got it for $800 less than regular price. They have a short queen for RV's.
paul5097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:22 AM   #5

I put a full home queen in our Voltage and took out the cheap backbreaking factory mattress. We both sleep very well now.. If I were to buy another I would get a Staava mattress... much cheaper than store bought and very well made..They have a 100 dollar shipping return policy. You do nothing else if you are dissatisfied with the mattress for any reason. We have the King version of it in our home. It's great sleeping.
Tanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #6

Oklahoma
mattress topper

We purchased a topper ...' 2" lucid five zone memory foam mattress topper from amazon. We will see how this works
jmc74037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc74037 View Post
We purchased a topper ...' 2" lucid five zone memory foam mattress topper from amazon. We will see how this works

We have a king size memory foam mattress (came with the RV as an upgrade) AND we purchased a high quality 2" topper (weighs 30 pounds). Really sleeps nicely. Problem is that the fitted sheets don't fit exactly right since we only have about 6" total of mattress and topper. I did that RV Tip of putting self sticking 12x12 flooring under the mattress and it makes making the bed a bit easier since it slides now.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #8

Indiana
We went with a blue foam egg carton shaped mattress pad from Camping World, it acts like memory foam. We did have to cut it to size as the TT beds are always an odd size.
rbpru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 12:37 AM   #9

Florida
We have Sleep Number at home, but went with a 2" foam topper in the TT. We both sleep pretty well on it.