Looking into an Upgrade - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2019, 05:31 PM   #1

Illinois
Looking into an Upgrade

We have a Coleman 274BH, which so far has been very good for us. been trouble free, only money spent were on upgrades.

Since it is our first cherry breaker for camping, I stayed away from the slide out and long heavy trailers, plus the weight of it fell right into my trucks capacity. With that said, the trailer is in great shape and I can foresee it lasting us several years, but the kids are about to outgrow the Futon sleeper. There are 5 of us, three adults and two kids, one teen, and one about to be teen. My son has sprouted, and is nearing the height at which sleeping on the Futon would be uncomfortable, and my daughter is already too tall for it. My mom sleeps on the lower bunk, and the kids trade off on the top.

So what we are now looking at this year are 3 bunk trailers to move up to. From what I see so far, only ones with 3 bunks are also slide out trailers.

What I am asking for here are ideas on trailers that stay within the 7600GVWR rating that have 3 bunks and a queen. I can go up to 8400 max, but would rather stay within the trucks limits with passengers. Since we have had good luck with the Coleman, I woudln't mind getting another one, but would like to know what other models are made by Dutchman that fit my requirements, and by those who have one, how they have held up.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote