looking for a "reliable" trailer - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
dmf

Saskatchewan
looking for a "reliable" trailer

Hi everyone. thanks for having me as a new member

We currently own a 2004 weekend warrior toy hauler and are in process of selling it to look for a little bit lighter and shorter one. I have browsed the net and seen a few. seems like Thor has taken over a huge market on trailers!
Now the million dollar question, which one to buy?? I have looked at a few that seem nice. I have tried googling which ones are still made, which ones are out of production and the mid profile ones.
Does anyone have any idea of some good models out there at all?
Thanks in advance for any input.
I was also told by one rv dealer that I should hang tight until Sept-Oct when all the best deals on trailers come out on trade.

helpppp

dmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #2

Utah
It would depend on what you mean by reliable trailer and how much money you want to spend.. Most trailers especially the lighter ones all have problems in most cases. With a little TLC and proper maintenance most will do the Job they are designed for. Just like ST Tires. Most folks having trouble with them is because one of the following. Under inflation, Overloaded, and driving to fast for the tires Max speed Rating of 65 MPH. That is abuse and poor maintenance and not the fault of the tires. Same goes for any trailer you buy. Taken care of most will last and do the job they were designed for.
mhbell is offline   Reply With Quote