Ladder on 2017 Kodiak 201QB - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
Bob

Minnesota
Ladder on 2017 Kodiak 201QB

I would like to add a rear ladder to my 2017 Kodiak 201QB. I called Dutchmen customer support and was told there are backers on the driver's side rear and that my dealer could get a detailed plan with there location.

I also asked if I could get the stain color and manufacturer used on my cabinets. She said she didn't have a color number but that Dutchmen uses Sherwin Williams stain and they should be able to match it.

I had emailed Dutchmen customer support a few days before. I got this reply on Friday.

Good afternoon and thank you for contacting Keystone RV. Unfortunately, as the unit isn’t considered a ‘walkable’ roof, the unit isn’t backed for an added ladder.

Therefore, we would not advise adding an aftermarket ladder to your unit. Please note, if any damage is a result of an aftermarket modification, this damage is not covered by warranty.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a specific stain color on file for this unit. You can, however obtain a color match from a local body shop.

If you have further questions/concerns, please contact us at 866-425-4369 Mon-Fri 9am-4pm EST.

FYI - my dealer encouraged me to walk on the roof before I bought the unit. It is rock solid. I'm pretty sure my "local body shop" doesn't use wood cabinet stains.

I'm going to call Dutchmen again tomorrow and see if I can get a straight answer.

Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #2

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I'm going to call Dutchmen again tomorrow and see if I can get a straight answer.
That probably is the straight answer from them. That roof may feel solid but probably lacks the backing support on the roof edge for a ladder. As for the body shop thing, that's just funny.

Old 04-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #3
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome to the world of Dutchmen Customer Service...

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:45 AM   #4
Bob

Minnesota
The Kodiak brochure states "Dutchmen uses a fully walkable, 5" thick truss-style, high-strength aluminum frame roof."
Old 04-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #5

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
The Kodiak brochure states "Dutchmen uses a fully walkable, 5" thick truss-style, high-strength aluminum frame roof."
Still doesn't mean that the edge of the roof can support a ladder. I can dance on my roof, it's plenty sturdy, but it didn't come with an attached ladder. If you feel it's worth it to void the roof warranty, bolt one on. I opted to carry an extendable step ladder on trips.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #6
Bob

Minnesota
I'm going with a telescoping ladder also.