Kodiak cub 178rb gray water problem - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2021, 09:10 PM   #1

Florida
Kodiak cub 178rb gray water problem

Last year i posted about the fresh water tank overflowing,because of all the problems with this world and my personal problems i didnt use the warranty,so no problem,if i fill up the fresh water tank to 3/4, (using the sensor), there is no problem,everything works,now that iam out of warranty another problem arose.
the exact same problem, but this time with the gray water tank,i went from Miami Fl to Goodyear AZ, 10 days,without hookup,around the 7 day when the gray water tank was getting over 3/4 started to overflow but this time only when the trailer is moving (towing),I am at a campground now, can get the gray water tank full and no problem

Any advice will be apreciated Thanks.

PS: Hoping the black tank is not thext to follow the overflowing trend

lando51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:08 PM   #2

Wisconsin
How can you tell the gray water tank is overflowing? Gray tanks rarely have a designed in overflow. The liquid is considered hazardous waste and needs a proper dump site.

I know mine is overflowing when water backs up into my shower. If it is overflowing any where else underneath, there may be a broken pipe or fitting.

Your experience with failures sounds relatively good. Many people including myself have had more extensive failures.

In the first two years of ownership, something failed or fell off on each trip. It has now been three years since I took possession. Failure rate has decreased, but maintenance issues are taking up time.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 03:03 PM   #3

Minnesota
I concur with your comment on maintenance. Never ending. If I didn't like tinkering with my rig, the fun would be gone quickly. Is the belly on your rig sealed? If you can see the tanks, perhaps you can spot the overflow point and see if it can be repaired. I had a freshwater tank leak awhile ago. Because I have a sealed belly I couldn't see where it was leaking and took it in. Turned out mice had chewed a hole in the filler pipe. The tech repaired it and all is good. When my bathroom grey tank is full it shows up in my outside kitchen sink first. Nice to avoid that. Never, thankfully!, have had a problem with my black tank on any of my rigs.
Snowman53 is offline   Reply With Quote