Kodiak 2921 FKDS - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2021, 05:30 PM   #1

Texas
Kodiak 2921 FKDS

We are purchasing this couple's coach. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I would love some info - positive or negative.
TIA

Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:56 AM   #2

Illinois
You didn't provide any vehicle information?
Rusty

2005 Harley Ultra Classic w/too many miles
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 01:38 AM   #3

Texas
Kodiak 2921FKDS
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:42 PM   #4

Wisconsin
It has been a while and no suggestions were posted, so I will provide my limited knowledge. I own a 2018 Dutchman Kodiak Cub.

Dutchmen, Kodiak, Keystone, and Voltage have higher probability of a negative experiences. Often new ones end up spending many weeks being repaired.

Customer support is through Keystone. It has been unhelpful for me. They seam to excel at finding reasons not to cover under warranty. Any reason you can't prove is false beyond a reasonable doubt is a good excuse. Some advertising is deceptive.

The one you are looking at probably already has design and build issues corrected and so should provide a much better experience for you. Various parts have stopped breaking and falling off my 3 year old Cub.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 08:45 PM   #5

Florida
We bought the 2921 about 8 months ago and love ours! The only thing we are planning to do is add the second AC in the bedroom. We sure needed it this past summer.
GibbsAcresOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:54 AM   #6

North Carolina
Service History 2921 FKDS

We purchased ours new about two months ago. We live in it full time so service issues are a problem. We cannot drop it off for service and pick it up a few days later. We need a place to sleep, cook and store our fresh food.

There is lots to like in the design, but reliability and quality is not one of them. We have had multiple issues with quality of workmanship, fit and finish issues, nails shot through wires that were not caught during a final inspection (if there is one) plumbing leaks, shelves and trim falling off. So far, our experience with warranty has been OK. The selling dealership and Camping World have both been responsive, although not always technically proficient. I just sent a long, detailed history of our problems and the associated costs (hotels, meals, travel back to dealer) and my concerns about future reliability. We will see how the respond. If they step up, my opinion will be more positive than it is right now.
Art W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 06:42 PM   #7

Nevada
Our pros and cons

We purchased a new Kodiak 2921 FKDS that arrived in August last year. We like it. Here’s a list of pros and cons from our experience of using it four times so far in California and Nevada at RV parks and boondocking in Death Valley and at Harvest Host wineries.
Pros
* Big kitchen counter and sink
* The size of the pantry behind the TV / fireplace panel
* Reclining stadium seats
* Two fireplaces – very nice effect and warmth but they do require the trailer to be on power hookup or a generator
* King size bed – we added a foam topper to make it more comfortable
* Propane line to the back, passenger side of the trailer – for a small Weber grill and fire pit, I modified both for quick connect
* Furion camera mount on back of trailer – I bought the camera and use it as an observation camera while driving. For backing up, the best feature is the microphone to get directions from an assistant on the ground. I also bought the side cameras but don’t find them useful.
* Power deployed stabilizers – push button deployment and retraction, and with lights for night arrivals (switch in front storage compartment)
Cons
* Over-cabinet swing-up kitchen cabinet doors – require two hands, one to hold the door up and the other to grab what you need inside. That is tough if you have a bad shoulder, which one of us does. It would be nice if there was a catch, velcro or a magnet to keep the door open. Maybe I’ll try the Velcro idea.
* Stereo – it has Bluetooth to connect to one phone only. You cannot switch from one phone to another like you can on any Bluetooth stereo in a car. Well, you can, but you have to remove the frame from the unit and then unscrew the unit from the wall to disconnect the power for 5 minutes to reset it. Then you can connect to the first phone again. Also, the stereo unit has an HDMI input in the back (in the wall) but it is not connected to the TV.
* DVD player – not included and we bought one to watch movies. But there is no convenient shelf or place to put the player when connected to the TV---it hangs precariously out of the cabinet under the TV
* No surge protector – a strongly recommended piece of equipment for any trailer when using hookups at RV parks. It is surprising the industry does not include these with the trailer. On the other hand, they would probably only include the cheapest one on the market (like the stereo). We found several articles about things you should have in a new trailer or RV… like a surge protector, water pressure regulator and inline water filters.
* Limited external storage compartment space – on the outside of the trailer. Our back compartment is filled with chairs, and a collapsible ladder (not having an attached ladder might be another cons) . The front compartment has the electrical cable, water hoses, tools, etc. It works but wish we had more.
* Sewer hose storage – Many people keep these in the bumper which then can get rusty on the inside. And you certainly don’t want them in the storage lockers of the trailer. So where to put them? I mounted two Valterra RV Sewer Hose Carriers from etrailer.com above and below the bumper to hold the two 10’ sections of our sewer hose.
* Leaking hot water line – leaks are bound to happen eventually. We had one on our third time out at the hot water connection to the kitchen sink. Luckily a little wrench tightening immediately after we noticed the water fixed it. No damage.
* Hot Water Temperature – it is HOT! But others might put this a Pro for showers that don’t go cold. Just be careful

In general, we are very pleased with our trailer and the Cons above are mostly tips for things to watch out for.
steve-in-reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 11:55 AM   #8

North Carolina
Steve,

A quicker fix for the iRV Stereo is to pull the fuse for the unit, wait your 5 minutes and then return it to power up. We have had to reset ours a couple of time.

Art W is offline   Reply With Quote