Kodiak 291 Battery/Slide Operation - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2014, 12:41 AM   #1

North Dakota
Kodiak 291 Battery/Slide Operation

Looking for some insight on using the "House" battery to operate the slides and awnings. This is a brand new unit and has a fully charged battery (According to the panel), for some reason I cannot get the slides or awning to open when using the wireless remote or the panel buttons after our first trip out. If I plug in they work fine, unplugged they bog down immediately and stop moving. As I am typing this I am thinking I need to check the fuse box?? I am new to this so nothing will surprise me at this point, usually something so obvious you miss it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Dan

hugs0352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:25 AM   #2

Colorado
I don't have a solution but I can tell you if it was a fuse then you would have no power at all. You say it is trying but bogging down, again it's not a fuse if that's the case. I would start with the battery. If it's working well plugged in then you have to assume the slide and awning are ok and it's a bad battery. Just because the battery shows full charge does not mean it's good.
Start by popping off the caps and checking the water level. If that's ok then remove the battery and take it to an auto shop to be tested. Or just put in a new battery if you have one and see what happens

rcharrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:10 PM   #3

North Dakota
I think my problem was I turned off (On) the battery override so it wasn't getting charged. I am taking it out again this weekend so we'll find out if it is the battery or not.

Thanks,
Old 05-21-2014, 08:23 PM   #4

California
Slides will work faster if you plug into shore power first before moving them out. If no shore power leave your trailer plugged into your vehicle (running) & open slides. Do the same when closing.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #5

North Dakota
Agreed DesertRat, since the battery was new I figured there would be a little more juice. Learning curve.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #6

Wyoming
Most people have two batteries, not just one. If the battery was left too long without a charge you'll be replacing it. I'd get it load tested before heading out.

Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote