Just purchased 2016 Coleman 274BH - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2016, 03:05 PM   #1

Florida
Just purchased 2016 Coleman 274BH

Good day to all. I just bought a 2016 Coleman 274bh & the wife & i are very excited. We did some shopping around for a couple weeks & we quickly realized that Coleman was the way to go when it came to pricing. You get a lot more for the money. We live in Ft. Myers, FL & plan on using it 5,6 times

We were very close to buying a Starcraft 26BHS which has the identical layout but the bathroom was tiny. Only thing I can honestly say I lost by choosing the Coleman is the ducted A/C. Otherwise we are super happy.

Anyone else have this model? How has it turned out for you?

Thanks

UltimateSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:24 PM   #2

British Columbia
Welcome to the forum.

There are several Coleman owners here that you will be able to compare notes with.

When I was a kid I was going nowhere fast, now I'm an old man I'm going everywhere slow.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 02:53 AM   #3

Indiana
How is the camper?

Thinking of buying the same camper. What do you tow it with? How is it holding up? Thanks!
titan807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #4

Congrats on the new camper!!
And welcome to our corner of the internet.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:40 PM   #5

Illinois
Congrats, I have a 2014 model 274BH. I got mine used this year, though you would swear it is a new one by how it smells inside, and how clean it is outside. I got the Yukon package, and the Summit package in it, with the ducted AC and full insulation package. Very nice trailer for the money. Already did an overnighter in it to break it in, and everything worked perfectly.

Enjoy yours, we are enjoying ours. I just finished making a bunk ladder for it out of a couple 1x3x6 oak boards, and 1 5/16" oak closet pole. Nice solid ladder and easy to store. It pulls nice with my 2014 F150 Ecoboost, though my truck has a low payload so we have to use our car for the passengers, or I will be well over my axle weights, even though it has a light tongue weight of 700#.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:31 AM   #6

Florida
Sorry for the late reply to all. Really had not checked back in here in a while. So far the camper has been good to us. We've used it about 5-6 times.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:37 AM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan807 View Post
Thinking of buying the same camper. What do you tow it with? How is it holding up? Thanks!
I have an '04 Lincoln Navigator. It pulls it without any hiccups. I do about 65-68mph while towing & I truly can't complain. Granted, since I live in Florida & there are tons of campgrounds all around me, I've never gone more than 3 hours away from home with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdii View Post
Congrats, I have a 2014 model 274BH. I got mine used this year, though you would swear it is a new one by how it smells inside, and how clean it is outside. I got the Yukon package, and the Summit package in it, with the ducted AC and full insulation package. Very nice trailer for the money. Already did an overnighter in it to break it in, and everything worked perfectly.

Enjoy yours, we are enjoying ours. I just finished making a bunk ladder for it out of a couple 1x3x6 oak boards, and 1 5/16" oak closet pole. Nice solid ladder and easy to store. It pulls nice with my 2014 F150 Ecoboost, though my truck has a low payload so we have to use our car for the passengers, or I will be well over my axle weights, even though it has a light tongue weight of 700#.
I'm glad you mentioned the new smell. My wife & I were talking about the fact that our RV is already 10 months old & yet it still smells like a new RV.... & we should know because were so addicted to these darn things that we are always attending RV shows with our baby boy.

You definitely got a rare 274 because ducted A/C is unheard of with this unit. Hey that homemade ladder idea sounds pretty darn awesome!
if you can, send me pictures of that ladder. I'd like to make something similar for ours. You can send it to my email address if you'd like. Thanks.

LincMK8@gmail.com