Doing the Dealerships job - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #1

Nebraska
Doing the Dealerships job

After purchasing my our travel trailer I found out that the dealer sent the paperwork to the wrong county. Title department tells me that they will send it back. That was in late April. After many calls to the dealer and nothing I finally called my county to find out what penalties I might face for not registering within 30 days. I found out I could have paid my taxes on my travel trailer at any time since after buying it. No big deal $5 and some change in late penalties. Funny thing is I get there and find out the title had been drawn up in the county that was supposed to reject it. Lady asks me if I want to have it transferred and just take care of registration as well. My response "of course". Now I'm left wondering who the dealer was calling and why no one knew what in the world was going on. Lesson: follow up with people on my own.

Chaz Drago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:09 AM   #2

Colorado
I bought my TT in a neighboring state. One issue after another with registration, and 6 FedEx envelopes later, it finally got straightened out.

DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #3

Nebraska
I just laughed when the DMV told me the state actually filed my title in the incorrect county. My address is newer so I had similar issues with mail. Either way the dealership was waiting for return of the rejected title and they would have waited forever. I called and took care of it in like 2 hours over lunch. No big deal except it just adds to my overall view of my local dealership. I'm worried its going to be a fight if I have to have major warranty work done.
Chaz Drago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer drama, registration