Customer Service? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #1
Hut

North Carolina
Customer Service?

Well, I picked up my trailer today that we've been dealing with since October of last year. It does appear to have all the work done on it, but I was rather puzzled at their attitude about it all at the dealership. I'm quite certain no one even ever said "I'm sorry." It was like it was no big deal that they had my trailer for months while I'm making payments on it.

Then the people at the factory have received two emails from me asking for a reply concerning the situation. Neither email has ever been returned. I was given the name and number of an area rep who I called and left a message. No reply there either. I'm quite amazed that they think they can stay in business doing this kind of junk.

In my line of work I'd be gone before morning…

Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #2

Washington
Unfortunately Hut, it's not that they think they can stay in business, they do. All that we can do is get the word out as much as possible and hope we save someone else from making our mistakes. My coach was gone for 7 months while I paid for it. Dutchmen, now Keystone, made all the right noises about being sorry, even hinted at extending the warranty and asked for a payment coupon so they could make a payment. In the end it was just that, noise. They refused to extend the warranty and I never heard anything about the payment coupon. I now go out of my way to "educate" prospective buyers on Dutchmen, Keystone, and Thor Industries. I don't think I can affect their bottom line but I feel good about trying to help others.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:49 PM   #3

British Columbia
Sawpilot,

The negative advertising does hurt them, just not enough. I know a few people that have gone to brands built be other manufacturers than Thor Industries.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote