Cold Weather Camping - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2018, 01:26 PM   #1

New York
Cold Weather Camping

Hello all.

I’m planning on taking my camper out tomorrow for our first trip this year. The weather is supposed to be above freezing in the daytime but below freezing at night. My 2018 300TQ has the Yukon package but I’m not sure how well the pipes will do if I unwinterize them for this trip. Has anyone camped below freezing? Obviously we will have the heat on and also have a small electric heater to help the main unit. I’m just not entirely sure how the pipes are run and how the insulation is.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spichura-300TQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:50 PM   #2

Tennessee
I've camped where it was mid to low 20's at night (mid 40's daytime) but got to above freezing pretty quickly in the morning. I just partially filled my water tank so we could use the sink and toilets and unhooked the city water at night. We can heat our little camper with just a space heater, never had any problems.

Old 04-14-2018, 08:35 PM   #3

New Jersey
Our aspen trail furnace runs on propane and has a heater duct that warms the underbelly. If you use an electric heater along with the propane furnace to heat the interior. The propane furnace will not run as much, cutting back on heating the underbelly.

I was told by the seller that it could tolerate temps in the high twenties at night as long as the daytime temperatures get above freezing..

Be sure to drain your city water connection hose so that you don't end up with a hose full of frozen water in the morning.
Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #4

New York
Thank you guys. I kept it winterized until the temps were above freezing. As far as heat, we had the furnace and an electric fire place and a box fan and we were hot! I just connected the water to the city water connection so the antifreeze still stays in the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spichura-300TQ is offline   Reply With Quote