Bumper Capacity on 2013 Aspen Trail 2810BHS - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #1

Nevada
Bumper Capacity on 2013 Aspen Trail 2810BHS

Hello,

Early last month we picked up an 2013 Aspen Trail 2810BHS travel trailer - we've really enjoyed it. We have a trip coming up in 2 weeks and I'd like to take some bicycles with me. I've got a 5 bike receiver rack that I'd like to use but I'm wondering if the bumper on this unit can handle the receiver and weight. There is currently a spare mounted to the bumper so I *assume* it's more than just some sheet metal but I wanted to find out from anyone on here if the bumpers on these are fairly sturdy or if I need to look at having it replaced. I myself can put a lot of weight on it and don't see bending but I know what will happen if I attach a bolt on receiver such as: Swagman RV 2" Bumper Adaptor : Amazon.com : Sports & Outdoors

Thank you for any advice you can give.

technologiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #2

California
There has been some discussion on this topic. You might want to check out this thread...

http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...-rack-212.html

Old 06-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #3

Nevada
The manufacturer did reply back that it can support 200lbs. That thread has also been quite useful to me. Thank you.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #4

Nevada
I also just did a 500 mile trip with a bolt on receiver and bike rack and it worked great.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #5

Saskatchewan
For any of you driving trucks there are 2" front hitches as well. I had ordered one for my last 1/2 ton and I used it to put the boat in the water (a lot easier than backing the boat in), I was also able to get a unit (looked like a goal post) so I could carry the kayaks out over the front of the truck. Simple install as it was only four bolts to put it into place. This would be a much better place to carry the bikes and not leave them on the road some place.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote