Battery required? - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2014, 06:03 PM   #21

New Jersey
When you think about how long RVs can sit on a lot, and the drain from internal systems, do you think dealers want to run around charging all the batteries on the lot? Guess they could disconnect them. Have you ever toured RVs on a lot? Unless they are a featured model, they don't have any power.

There is a lot in the RV industry that does not make sense. For example, why they have not adopted the quality practices the auto industry did over the last 20 years. You would think it's cheaper to do it right, than pay the dealer to fix obvious defects, and deal with the overhead of warranty claims. Then again, maybe they figure most of us will just fix the issues ourselves.

pdonoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:25 PM   #22

Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdonoghu View Post
You would think it's cheaper to do it right, than pay the dealer to fix obvious defects, and deal with the overhead of warranty claims. Then again, maybe they figure most of us will just fix the issues ourselves.
I would love to have my dealer fix all my problems but they are a BIG hassle to deal with. I travel America all the time. The dealer wants to make an appointment weeks in advance. Then they want to keep the RV way too long. Most of the time dealers don't do a quality job either. Seems like every time I go to the dealer they mess something up. I just get tired of dealing with dealers so I end up fixing things myself if I can. That's probably the reason there is not good quality control. Too many of us either live with the problem or take care of it themselves.

slb5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:52 AM   #23

Alberta
Go to Costco and buy two 6V golf cart batteries. I have Trojan T105's but I got them for cost. I have lots of friends with the Costco ones and no issues. If you are plugged in all the time just get one 12V, but it won't last overnight if it's chilly and not plugged in. So if no plugins go with two sixes. I've had great luck with them.