Backup Camera Prewiring - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2023, 03:00 AM   #1

Missouri
Backup Camera Prewiring

Hello everyone… new to this site and camping so I apologize if I have posted this incorrectly.

I just purchased a 2022 Dutchmen Colorado 29DBC and it i supposed to be prewired for a backup camera. I removed the furrion cover where the wires should be, but nothing is in there. All I see is a little hole. Anyone run into this? Any help would be appreciated.

Image attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2784.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	7546  

Ejberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:50 AM   #2

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejberra View Post
Hello everyone… new to this site and camping so I apologize if I have posted this incorrectly.

I just purchased a 2022 Dutchmen Colorado 29DBC and it i supposed to be prewired for a backup camera. I removed the furrion cover where the wires should be, but nothing is in there. All I see is a little hole. Anyone run into this? Any help would be appreciated.

Image attached for reference.
If you can fit a small curved hook through the hole, try fishing around behind the mount to find a wire harness. If unable, try removing the entire mount to see if you can find them somewhere behind it.

The wire harnesses for most RV’s of the same make & model are the same, regardless of the actual options installed. So even though you didn’t get the actual camera with yours, I’d bet the wiring is located somewhere behind that mount.

If this is something you’re uncomfortable tackling yourself… take it back to the dealer and get them to find it for you.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:56 AM   #3

California
I think Dutchmen screwed up. I bet the wiring is behind that plate. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they just forgot to install it.

Either way sounds like a trip to the dealer to solve. But I would advise against taking it in right away because there will likely be other issues and you need a couple of shale down trips to write down all the problems they need to fix.

Then take it in and have everything fixed. Then repeat and get the next round of issues solved. One more return to the dealer at the 8 month mark or so and then one more right before the 12 month warranty is up.

The challenge is to get it in and out quickly so the clock is not ticking on the warranty while it sits at their repair shop.

There will be issues for sure and you will need to get them sorted out. If you can get the major stuff fixed under warranty in that first year then hopefully down the road you can solve the rest of the problems on your own and with help from other resources like this forum.

Good luck!
Old 05-15-2023, 05:08 PM   #4

California
If all else fails you can wire it into the center running light. Camera will only work when the lights are on.

Mike & Emily-Sacramento, CA
Our 4th trailer (2016 Aspen Trail 1900RB)
2018 F150 STX 2.7 Eco Boost
chily3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 03:55 PM   #5

New Jersey
No wire for Furrion housing

I had the same problem. Just a little wire. I called the factory, and they said they install it that way. Doesn't make sense! Why put the housing there and then caulk it down, if you don't run the wire into the housing. Very frustrating. The dealer would be happy to fix it for me, for $100, so I might as well just do it myself. For no extra effort, the manufacturer could make customers very happy. Why do they say on the Furrion cover that the installation is only going to take 15 minutes?

It sure sounds like what someone else said on this site, that they are more interested in protecting the company than serving the customers.
RoadWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup camera, furrion