Awning Manufacturer - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2021, 01:07 PM   #1

Ontario
Awning Manufacturer

Hi everyone. First time post here.

I have an aspen trail 2910bhs. Last summer, I very stupidly left the awning out when a storm came. As a result, the right arm, which is the one that delivers the power to extend and retract needs to be replaced. I think I've been on the right trail but before I shell out any $$$ to buy replacement parts, I want to make sure I have the right information. Can anyone tell me:

1. Is it a Dometic power awning or something different?
2. Does anyone have a part number or know where I can find it?

Thank you so much.

Andrew G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #2

Wisconsin
It is hard to say. Make and Model are the key. Different floor plans or different years can use different awnings. Look for labels or contact trailer owner support website. May be www.Dutchmen.com

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #3

Wyoming
RV brands use different awning manufacturers, depending on what’s available during the production run down the assembly line… so it’s hard to say with any certainty what type you have.

I can’t speak for Dometic… but if it’s one from Carefree of Colorado, you should be able to find a tag like those shown in the photos up on the roller.

Click image for larger version

Name:	47F37C13-C37B-4E84-B131-A7704D01C12B.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	6884

Click image for larger version

Name:	36579C23-9961-4DEB-AF52-844AF2C92382.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	6885

That tag will have the part number & serial number of your awning… and this is what you’d use to order replacement parts and/or a new canopy.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 11:07 PM   #4

Texas
sometimes the part numbers are on the inside of the arms. once you have the numbers you can call the manufacture and get the actual part number. then do some research before purchasing the arm. I made the mistake of ordering from carefree of Colorado and they are out of the ball park on price, ended up having to return it. ordered from Amazon of all places ( carefree of Amazon) same company logo for $350 less than manufacture. as far as the repair, I used gorilla waterproof tape under the awning arm, also had to increase the size of the bolts on 2 since they seemed stripped from the factory. I was able to do the repair all by myself except my wife helped hold the are while I bolted it up to the rv.
hope this helps
xomerlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, awning arm