Aspen Trail - TPO Roof? Maintenance and products - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #1

Idaho
Aspen Trail - TPO Roof? Maintenance and products

I've searched for awhile and haven't found clear clarification on the roof type for our 2017 Aspen Trail. I saw one reference of it being a TPO roof. That seems to make sense. Can anyone clarify for sure?

Relatedly, if you have a similar TPO roof what sort of maintenance do you perform? Our 2017 2340BHS is new to us and I don't know much of it's previous usage. I'd love to avoid water damage or worse roof failure in future.

What sort of maintenance do you do on yours? How often do you clean it? Products? I plan on purchasing a tube of Dicor sealant for TPOs and some Eternabond just to have on hand for emergencies. I've also heard that some of the best known RV roof sealing products are great on EPDM and other roofs but aren't great for TPOs. I'd hate to get the wrong products. I am also thinking ahead to get the right product for sealing brackets and entry points for solar panels.

UTNative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:52 PM   #2

Florida
Here is the best way to make sure what type of roof you have. I found the DICOR website and RUDY (Mark?) is the best place for information.

I would also carry some flex tape for those EMERGENCY REPAIRS in the rain. It ain't the best but works short time. Walmart carries it.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:19 PM   #3

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
Here is the best way to make sure what type of roof you have. I found the DICOR website and RUDY (Mark?) is the best place for information.

I would also carry some flex tape for those EMERGENCY REPAIRS in the rain. It ain't the best but works short time. Walmart carries it.
Thanks for the video and info! I will have to add some flex tape to a growing emergency bag.
UTNative is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aspen trail, roof, tpo