Artis water pump mount - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2021, 07:28 PM   #1
Cat

Florida
Artis water pump mount

I own a 2015 Kodiak travel trailer, bought used. Since we've had it, when using the water pump, we hear a rattling in the plumbing lines. We thought it was going to be a huge deal to fix, but this past month finally started trying to trouble shoot the noise. What we found was that the mount that holds the water pump had broken, and causes the water lines to rattle when the pump engages.

If you own a similar model and had issues with your water pump, you may already know that Artis Products no longer manufactures any water pumps.

The pump works perfectly, we just need the mount.

Any ideas? I tried to find another to purchase - I'd keep the water pump as a spare. But, no one has it in stock.

Any one here replaced their pump with something different and still have the mount? Any suggestions?

Old 11-30-2021, 08:06 PM   #2

Idaho
Check the home of the existing pump so you maintain already what you had for water flow then checks online sellers. They're pretty unnecessary except for flow rate, cheap generally will have lower gpm rates. If specify RV as some may not be for drinking water. I also use little pieces of pool noodles to cushion hoses. Adding an accumulator is a nice benefit also while you're digging into your system, it will further stop the thumping and help silence the pump noise. Measure you hose connections diameters too.
12v irrigation/landscape pumps are often 7/8" which will not match.

Pastot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 12:51 PM   #3

Florida
It's pretty easy to silence the pumps, they rattle and shake the pipes even when they are not loose. Just about any pump will probably work (made for RV). Make sure you install a rubber pad underneath the mount and possibly change about 8" of the pipe going to the pump with rubber flexible lines.

Good luck!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:23 PM   #4

Oklahoma
Want a noisy pump that shakes rattles and rolls? Find an old Par Jaspo single diaphragm pump.
We have advanced in the demand pump arena.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:35 PM   #5

Wisconsin
Parts from dealer

Artis Products seem to be alive and well.

Artis home pages says pumps are quiet. So you must be mistaken.

Helpful tips page:
https://artisproducts.myshopify.com/pages/helpful-hints

A broken rubber mount may or may not be the cause of noise. Artis does not appear to sell parts to consumers. A dealer may be able to get parts for you.
https://artisproducts.myshopify.com/...d-distribution

Any method of fastening it down that absorbs vibration may help. Hardware store straps, rubber material, and such may do it.

Accurate make and model of the pump will be required. Get it from a label on the pump or instructions that came with initial sale of the trailer.

"Contact
For technical questions concerning product operation, troubleshooting or replacement parts, please email technicalsupport@artisproducts.com."
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #6

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
I own a 2015 Kodiak travel trailer, bought used. Since we've had it, when using the water pump, we hear a rattling in the plumbing lines. We thought it was going to be a huge deal to fix, but this past month finally started trying to trouble shoot the noise. What we found was that the mount that holds the water pump had broken, and causes the water lines to rattle when the pump engages.

If you own a similar model and had issues with your water pump, you may already know that Artis Products no longer manufactures any water pumps.

The pump works perfectly, we just need the mount.

Any ideas? I tried to find another to purchase - I'd keep the water pump as a spare. But, no one has it in stock.

Any one here replaced their pump with something different and still have the mount? Any suggestions?
Pool noodles are great, I use them on every line I can find. Slit them, slip iver line and zip tie l. On the water pump mount use part af a pool noodle under or foam. Get some plumbers tape (metal strap with holes) wrap over top of pump, use electrical tape or duct tape between strap and pump, the screw back down .
Mr Denali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 08:50 PM   #7

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Denali View Post
Pool noodles are great, I use them on every line I can find. Slit them, slip iver line and zip tie l. On the water pump mount use part af a pool noodle under or foam. Get some plumbers tape (metal strap with holes) wrap over top of pump, use electrical tape or duct tape between strap and pump, the screw back down .
Ditto, I have a 2016 Dutchmen Kodiak with the same pump/hose vibration noise, as stated above it solved the noise and will protect the water lines.
I used the black foam water insulation for the pipes,
And foamed between all waterline where they touch anything.
Installed soft foam under the pump.
trucking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:43 PM   #8

North Carolina
I replaced mine with this pump 2 months ago. I've been using it about every other shower to test its reliability. I have zero complaints about it. I recommend it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Witt84z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:51 PM   #9

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post

Available here:

https://www.etrailer.com/s.aspx?qry=rv+water+pump
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:59 PM   #10

Florida
https://www.vevor.com/products/vevor...YaApSaEALw_wcB

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote