Anyone Else - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #1

Idaho
Anyone Else

We purchased a 2015 Aspen Trail 1900RBWE and have had nothing but problems. Every trip and something goes wrong, quits working, falls off.
First time we turned on the A/C, doesn't work, many things in between, but now the refrigerator won't stay functioning. Constantly having to switch off and back on or just to gas to keep it running.
I've written Keystone/Dutchmen and they responded with questions, I sent answers and no response yet, 3 weeks have passed.

Just wondering if anyone else seems to have issues every trip you go out.

RickNTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:59 PM   #2

Oklahoma
You answers may be found in this thread.
http://www.dutchmenowners.org/forums...ntol-2778.html

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:51 AM   #3

Florida
Sorry to hear about your issues, we have a 2013 Aspen Trail 1900RB. We bought it new in August of 2012 and have used it well over 100 nights and traveled across the country and back twice. No problems yet. Have done a bunch of upgrades but no repairs, YET. Sorry to hear you are having so many issues. Hope you get everything worked out. Unfortunately quality control in the entire RV industry is severely lacking. A friend of mine retired and bought a 420,000 dollar class A motor home and they have had many issues that required trips back to the factory, with it as well.
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 02:41 AM   #4

Texas
We previously owned an Allegro motorhome (highly rated manufacturer) and now have a Denali 5th wheel and have occasionally had issues arise with both. This is just part of owning an RV. Owning an RV is like owning a house that experiences a 6.5 earthquake every time it goes down the road.
Good luck
Old 09-09-2015, 11:43 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
Quality control in the RV industry is a hit or miss proposition and there is no rhyme or reason to what quits and what doesn't. I have a 2015 Coleman and for the most part it has been trouble free. I had an issue with the way my sidewall A/C was installed, (still do) just haven't had time to re-fix it, after it was repaired under warranty. My converter crapped out a month after the one year warranty, it has a two year warranty. But decided it was less hassle to just swap it out for a better one. I do have the advantage of 35+ years of RV ownership and the ability to do anything that needs to be done, including a complete tear down and rebuild. Should I have to on a brand new trailer? No, but unfortunately that is the way it goes sometime. The best thing any trailer purchaser can do is a thorough pre-delivery inspection, make sure everything works and is repaired to their satisfaction PRIOR to signing on the dotted line. Then just work through the issues as they crop up.

From the sounds of your fridge issue I would suspect a control board may be going out. Or there is an intermittent power feed problem.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:32 PM   #6

Idaho
Thanks! I guess I'm just disappointed. We love the trailer and enjoy our camping trips. Folks are getting older and they love to camp, so we enjoy spending time with them.

Thanks for your reponses.

Rick
Old 10-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #7

Idaho
The igniter was loose within the ceramic housing. So it was just chance whether or not the fridge would re-ignite. Bretz RV fixed it now and last trip everything worked fine. First trip this year when something didn't break.

Tags
2015, aspen, dutchmen, trail