Anybody here work in the factory building Dutchmen TTs? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2020, 02:02 AM   #1

Maryland
Anybody here work in the factory building Dutchmen TTs?

Just out of curiosity. We ordered a 2021 Aspen Trail a month or so ago and just received the vin number from the dealer. Given the state of pretty much everything right now due to covid I was curious about the lead time from vin to the dealership?

2016 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
MarylandIUEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 06:02 AM   #2

California
Nobody from Dutchmen ever looks at this forum. It is an owner’s site for sharing information. I would reach out to the manufacturer via phone or email if you are looking for an update. Hopefully, they will answer the phone or respond but good luck.

Old 11-30-2020, 10:18 AM   #3

Florida
I don’t think anyone on this site would admit to working at the factory!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:23 AM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
I don’t think anyone on this site would admit to working at the factory!
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #5

Florida
However, I do think trailer life magazine looks at this site since many things and issues brought up here sometimes show up in their publication as an article on the subject.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #6

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
Nobody from Dutchmen ever looks at this forum. It is an owner’s site for sharing information. I would reach out to the manufacturer via phone or email if you are looking for an update. Hopefully, they will answer the phone or respond but good luck.
Yea I figured it was a shot in the dark. I was really just trying to get an idea of delivery time for trip planning. It's not too serious. If it starts getting too crazy I might give them a call.
Old 12-06-2020, 04:50 PM   #7

Washington
I wrote a letter with about a dozen pictures of the sloppy workmanship emphasizing the lack of pride shown by their factory workers. Never heard anything back. Just goes to show the company really doesn't care about their product or customer feedback.
Logging the miles in the USA. Adventure awaits around every corner.
kjlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #8

Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjlarson View Post
I wrote a letter with about a dozen pictures of the sloppy workmanship emphasizing the lack of pride shown by their factory workers. Never heard anything back. Just goes to show the company really doesn't care about their product or customer feedback.
A lot of companies will respond to social media posts calling them out on stuff like that because it's public. They don't want the bad reviews. They care about their image more than anything else.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:43 AM   #9

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandIUEC View Post
A lot of companies will respond to social media posts calling them out on stuff like that because it's public. They don't want the bad reviews. They care about their image more than anything else.
Maybe a lot of other companies, Thor/Dutchmen is not in that category.
Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:45 PM   #10

Illinois
Give yourself 6-8 weeks from VIN release as a starting point. Delays in materials can lengthen that time frame. Check with your dealer at the 6 week mark to see if they have started the line for the model you ordered. Depending on the model you ordered and it's popularity it could be built quickly, or it may take months before they start the build. The factories produce the largest orders first, and build similar floor plans in succession, so if you ordered an oddball trailer, it could be several more months.

From what I heard back in October, they have enough orders at the Indiana factories for all brands to last until April, and that was orders placed before October. If what you ordered is one of the popular models, yours would be ahead of the least popular, even though the least popular could have been ordered in August.

A lot also depends on stock of equipment too, the AC units were backordered, and only had enough for up to January runs. A lot depends on the supply chains.
acdii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 06:31 PM   #11

California
Anybody here work in the factory building Dutchmen TTs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandIUEC View Post

If you notice Thor/Dutchmen does not have a place to post comments on their site. Probably for a good reason.

Many vehicle manufacturers have an owners site where they support their owners—not these guys.

Our owners site is exactly that—an owners site with no factory support or acknowledgement that I am aware of. It’s a great resource to resolve all the myriad of challenges and problems you will have during ownership because we have all had them and the members here are great. Probably the nicest and most helpful group of people around. Unlike most other forums like the Ram forum for my truck that is mostly jerks.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:01 PM   #12

Arizona
Trailer builders are paid by the piece, meaning the more trailers they build the more they get paid. That is the point quality goes out the window. I met a guy who worked the Keystone line for 4 years in Indiana. He said he'd never buy one.
azdryheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 05:54 PM   #13

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdryheat View Post
Trailer builders are paid by the piece, meaning the more trailers they build the more they get paid. That is the point quality goes out the window. I met a guy who worked the Keystone line for 4 years in Indiana. He said he'd never buy one.
That explains a lot of the negative comments. To be fair we purchased a 2016 aspen trail 1900RB, and over the last 4 years have had very few problems with it.. The dealership RV Valuemart, in Manheim, Pa.has been fantastic in terms of prompt reasonable service.. Guess we just got lucky??

Keep the faith..

Allentown, NJ
Firstime RVer is offline   Reply With Quote