Another newbie question - about blinds - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2017, 12:04 PM   #1

West Virginia
Another newbie question - about blinds

Some of the slats in our blinds are damaged and I'd like to take them down and put something different up. There are valances on top and I can't get the valance off because two brackets are behind the blinds. I've tried pulling straight out, straight down - and of course, there's nothing in the Dutchman manual. Can someone please explain how to get these blinds down? Again, I feel kinda silly asking - I'm usually more "handy" at things than this. Thanks!

Old 08-09-2017, 07:11 PM   #2

South Carolina
Two years ago we replaced 3 of our blinds that were dog-damaged from this place: https://www.justblinds.com/ We found an exact fit, and great color match. Their recent website makes choosing a color more difficult, and they no longer offer the "economy" line which were a virtual duplicate of the camper originals. Nevertheless, they are a good company, and will work with you, and send you color samples, too. The blinds come out of their clips easily with a release lever.
BUT
Getting to the brackets meant I had to REMOVE the valences which were screwed into place on the wall with L-brackets. The only way was to remove the screws with a square-bit driver, reaching upward to the underneath side of the valence top. Not handy removing, and more of a devil to reinstall!

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:14 PM   #3

Oregon
Blinds

I have the day/night fabric blinds and had to have two restrung. You have to remove the valances in order to access the blinds. As per an earlier post you have to use a square bit and small ratchet to get the L-brackets out just to get to the blinds. Not as bad as it sounds.

Wayne Israel
Voltage 3200
israelws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #4

West Virginia
Yes, I understand how to remove the valances - the issue is two brackets are located behind the blinds so I need to remove the blinds first, it seems. That's what I need to know - how to remove the blinds. I've pulled straight out, straight down and they're not coming down without feeling like I'm going to tear something up.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:09 PM   #5

South Carolina
Earlier I mentioned the release brackets. These are silver in color, and rotate along the top edge of the blind frame. The handles are bent over the top of the frame, and look like little spoons hanging over the edge. Keeping in mind that they rotate along the top, gently start prying the round "spoon" away (that is towards you) from the frame. You will see that it wants to swing one way. Once each lever is "flipped," the blind frame is then released from the wall mount clip. The rotating locks are part of the blind frame.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:57 PM   #6

Tennessee
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑ That's how mine are.
Old 08-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #7
Site Team

North Carolina
There should be some sort of release at the top of the blinds, some pull up, some move side to side, some are pulled forward. Marty is on the right track. If can post a picture we might be able to narrow it down.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:19 PM   #8

South Carolina
So, Ladiblue, did you get the blinds off of the rail?
Old 08-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #9

West Virginia
Sorry, we have had children & grandchildren since this past Thursday and haven't had a chance to try to get the blinds down but I will let you know as soon as I try and post a picture if I have any problems. Thanks so much!