Adding Winegard Connect 2.0 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2023, 03:12 PM   #1

Texas
Adding Winegard Connect 2.0

My Coleman 2755 BH is prewired for adding an external 4G antennae. I found the plate on top of the roof but have not unsealed it yet. I assume when I expose that plate on the roof there will be 12V power and the cabling that goes to the switch inside? All I will need to do is drill holes, mount the unit, wire it to the existing prewire connections, and seal it up?

Anyone know if my assumptions are correct?

stalledjeepproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 12:28 AM   #2

North Carolina
I did some research on this a while back. I believe there is also an additional board you have to add to the Wingard unit. The reviews on functionality were not good to the point that I did not move forward with the project.

Art W
2021 Dutchmen Kodiak Ultimate 2129FLDS
2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7L

Art W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 03:57 AM   #3

California
I used to use a DIRECTV cube all the time in my RV. Now I just set up my phone as a hotspot and stream everything. Rarely am I camping where I can’t get a cell signal.

Two weeks ago was able to stream NCAA basketball in the Mojave desert and there were no UHF tv signals out there so cellular is everywhere these days.

If the Weingard service works I bet your cell phone could hot spot in the same location.
Old 04-10-2023, 03:08 PM   #4

Texas
We were using our phones as hot spots, but ATT limits the amount of data you can use that way. Plus, the trailer is fiberglass with aluminum structure and acts as a big faraday cage. I am hoping having the router right on the roof will boost WIFI too. I got the antenna installed. It was pretty straightforward. Removed the cover plate, cut through the fabric underlayment in the hole, and there was the winegard specific wiring right there. I drilled the holes and mounted the antenna per the instructions. I installed a SIM card I ordered from ATT and it is not connecting to the ATT 4G network. I am still working through that with them. Their level 3 support was closed yesterday (Sunday).
stalledjeepproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:20 PM   #5

Florida
I use my Direct TV by setting up a portable dish. I really have disgust for their customer service since AT$T took them over...
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, coleman light 2755bh, diy, roof, winegard