300bhsl quality - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2013, 02:42 AM   #1

Florida
300bhsl quality

I purchased a 300bhsl in August 2012 and have constant issues with it. There have been many leaks repaired in the shower, entry door, storage compartment doors and skylites, but in our latest outing, all three slide outs were leaking. The in wall radio has been replaced and still doesn't work correctly. All of this along with many items that have been resolved under warranty. The camper has been in for warranty repairs over several months since I have owned it and is currently at CW for leaks and other items. Has anyone had similar issues and were they resolved satisfactorily? Did Dutchmen stand behind there product or was it difficult to get resolution? Has anyone received a buy back or replacement on a Dutchmen travel trailer? Has anyone used an attorney to get resolution?

theandersonbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #2

We have a 2012 261bh, we have had a few leakage issues since new and some are still not resolved. leaking from under the slide out when traveling on a rainy day, this has been repaired by dealer. A leak in the kitchen skylight that no one seems to concerned with (dealer just shrugs and says oh well we can't find anything so wait till it happens again), is water getting into my ceiling and I don't know about it? Our entertainment system has never worked properly and is now causing a terrible picture on the TV (how did you get yours replaced?) Filing a claim with the manufacturer is not as easy as made out to be and results come slowly.
All the best.

TheWeltons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #3

Saskatchewan
You will find over and over again in this forum that poor quality splitters are the cause for poor picture quality on your television. Try changing them out and you may be surprised at the picture quality you get.

2013 Timber Ridge, 2013 GMC Sierra 6.2 L
kayakcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #4

Florida
Camping World replaced the entertainment system without much issue. They first said it was a wire not plugged in, but replaced it on the next visit. The touch screen does not work on the second unit, only the remote can control it, but there is a good picture on the screen. For you leak, the service centers seem to want to observe the defect. You could photo the leak when it is happening. I was able to take the camper to the service center when it was raining, so the leak could be observed first hand.

Now there are new leaks cropping up and I have begun contacting Dutchment directly. Dutchmens customer service reps seem to listen to customers issues but so far have taken little action to facilitate repairs on my camper.
theandersonbunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #5

South Carolina
We had a 2013 300BHSL that we purchased march 2013. A red flag should have come up when there were no manuals or remotes, etc with the camper.. They did come about a month later. Our CW salesman got us a universal remote that day..after that it was one thing after another.. A burnt furnace wire that could have cause a fire, leak in shower at shower connection and in skylight and around bottom of shower 2 xs, new battery and new tongue jack, leak in kitchen at window and in corner of the wall, now kitchen counter needs replacing, ac covers fell off, handle on outside broke.. So this past friday we had enough and traded it in. We had a great salesman who went to bat for us and helped us get out of it. We purchased a keystone cougar which is supposed to be a better tt. As we were unloading the kodiak into the cougar we noticed the tire on the kodiak looked bent..so thats another issue we would have had.. We had a lemon also.. CW had it ore than we were enjoying it!
SheCon54 is offline   Reply With Quote