2018 Dutchman - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2018, 10:11 PM   #1

California
Exclamation 2018 Dutchman

Bought this brand new and I'm already concerned about the structure of my rig. We notice a pretty large dent coming from the outside of the on both sides near where the slide out is. Anyone else with these problems?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180723_193653.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	4860   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180723_193916.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	4861   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180723_195252.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	4862  

joanmontano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:12 AM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanmontano View Post
Bought this brand new and I'm already concerned about the structure of my rig. We notice a pretty large dent coming from the outside of the on both sides near where the slide out is. Anyone else with these problems?

That needs to go to a dealer before it comes through the side. That's right where the column assembly for the slide mechanism is. Maybe it has broken away from its mounting.
Is the slide making noise when you retract or extend it?

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:26 AM   #3

Colorado
I have the same thing!

My 2018 model 2810BHS has the same dents in the same spot. We just bought it and have taken one local trip in it. I noticed the dents as we were packing up to come home. Let us know what you find out!
BaileyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:59 PM   #4

Texas
Dents

We had an interior wall piece break next to the slide where the fridge is on our 4150. Problem was defective workmanship on welds. A couple of places were tacked and not a complete bead laid. Also a piece of square tubing was hammered in place to make it fit with a couple pieces of wood placed underneath and screwed in. Dealer says faulty workmanship...out of warranty period, not covered by extended warranty due to being structural and no insurance coverage due to faulty workmanship. Keystone/Dutchmen answer, "customer caused" by something being trapped between slid-out and wall. Know reason or answer given to the weld breaks, square tubing or added wood and screws all on the outside. $3500 later, heading to small claims court. Good luck - the Dutchmen quality control and customer service are non-existent! Your only hope is that it is still under warranty.
BAT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #5

Wisconsin
"Under warranty" is no help. Dutchman/Keystone always has a reason why they will do nothing. Sometime they just don't respond at all.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #6

Oklahoma
You are right, I will never buy another Dutchman, just bought a 283 BHSL, Surly someone has contacted the BBB about the Mfg.
djames37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #7

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT13 View Post
We had an interior wall piece break next to the slide where the fridge is on our 4150. Problem was defective workmanship on welds. A couple of places were tacked and not a complete bead laid. Also a piece of square tubing was hammered in place to make it fit with a couple pieces of wood placed underneath and screwed in. Dealer says faulty workmanship...out of warranty period, not covered by extended warranty due to being structural and no insurance coverage due to faulty workmanship. Keystone/Dutchmen answer, "customer caused" by something being trapped between slid-out and wall. Know reason or answer given to the weld breaks, square tubing or added wood and screws all on the outside. $3500 later, heading to small claims court. Good luck - the Dutchmen quality control and customer service are non-existent! Your only hope is that it is still under warranty.
PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOU COME OUT!

Thanks.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:17 PM   #8

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by djames37 View Post
You are right, I will never buy another Dutchman, just bought a 283 BHSL, Surly someone has contacted the BBB about the Mfg.
THOR Industries, the mother ship of Dutchman is accredited with the BBB in northern Indiana. Only a few complaints that I remember seeing.
Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #9

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by djames37 View Post
So you bought a Dutchmen Kodiak 283BHSL? I think Kodiak is wholly owned by Dutchmen.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:55 AM   #10

Texas
It is under the Thor structure...
https://www.thorindustries.com/get-t...the-companies/

BAT13 is offline   Reply With Quote