2015 Aspen Trail 3100 BHS - Expectations - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 02-21-2015, 12:30 PM   #1

Ontario
2015 Aspen Trail 3100 BHS - Expectations

I just bought a new Aspen Trail 3100 BHS after a few years of towing a hybrid trailer, we are going stationary...but still want the TT should we change our minds ! We love the idea of a separate "room" for our 2 young kids.

I've only read a few posts about issues everything else seems positive. Thought I'd reach out to get a general sense of quality and common problems or anyone else's experience with this particular trailer.

twistedpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:32 PM   #2

Florida
Wife and I love our Aspen Trail 1900RB. Build quality seems decent, we bought it new in August 2012 and have used it a bunch, including two trips from VA to MO with no issues. The tires that come on it are garbage. We replaced ours with Kumho's which seem to get good reviews. Have had no issues with the trailer. Get up on the roof and check all the sealant at the beginning and end of the season. We thought it wise to reseal this past August as the sealant was looking somewhat cracked. There are quite a few other Aspen Trail owners on here, hopefully someone with your exact model will chime in.

Hope you enjoy your new trailer!

Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:11 PM   #3

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedpear View Post
I just bought a new Aspen Trail 3100 BHS after a few years of towing a hybrid trailer, we are going stationary...but still want the TT should we change our minds ! We love the idea of a separate "room" for our 2 young kids.

I've only read a few posts about issues everything else seems positive. Thought I'd reach out to get a general sense of quality and common problems or anyone else's experience with this particular trailer.
What dealer did you get the Aspen from?
Adair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:53 AM   #4

Ontario
We bought it from leisure time on Hwy 9 near Orangeville. We were thinking this model from leisure time or the 3010. This dealer is near the campsite we are currently seasonal at (highland pines in Belwood)
twistedpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 07:13 AM   #5

Idaho
I don't know if anyone on here has experienced this, but on my 2810 BHS, the inside skylight panel cracked from a combination of overtorqued screws and extreme cold during storage. My dealer replaced it at no cost and mentioned they had seen several crack the same way mine did.

Watch your sink drains. Mine leaked because there was debris in the gasket.

Do yourself a favor and install ball valves on the drain for the fresh water tank and bathroom sink faucet. Cheap add on you can get at Lowe's that won't requre you to have a wrench when it's time to drain.

Happy Camping!
BackwoodsLegit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 03:38 PM   #6

Montana
My plug for the fresh water tank is only ever finger tightened, so no need for a wrench. But what valve are you referring to for the bathroom sink faucet?
Old 02-25-2015, 02:08 AM   #7

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewarnerusa View Post
My plug for the fresh water tank is only ever finger tightened, so no need for a wrench. But what valve are you referring to for the bathroom sink faucet?
On my 2810BHS the bathroom faucet has a drain on the hot and one on the cold side. You'll have to get under the trailer and look up into the area where your bathroom sink is. I think the lines are 3/4 inch. I installed ball valves on all mine to make draining everything easier.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:15 AM   #8

Montana
Ahhh. The low point drains. Got it. Thanks! These drain the plumbing lines. You can also use it to drain the hot water tank after opening the pressure valve.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:53 AM   #9

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewarnerusa View Post
Ahhh. The low point drains. Got it. Thanks! These drain the plumbing lines. You can also use it to drain the hot water tank after opening the pressure valve.
Yep. It works great with compressed air hooked to the city water connection to blow out the lines for winterization. I use a water regulator with an air chuck threaded on it to keep from over pressurizing the system with air. Alot of people don't know that it works for air the same it does for water...

I'm thinking about hooking up a short hose to the hot side drain for outdoor hot water access. I like to cook over the fire and don't like to take the nasty cast iron into the sink inside.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:01 AM   #10

Alberta
Slide-out retracting issues.

I have a 2013 Aspen Trail 26', we went on our family vacation this summer and at our first stop the slid out wouldn't retract.
In. We phoned Rocky Mountain R.V out of Montana were we purchased this unit and they had no idea how to fix this issue (very disappointing). I ended up cutting apart my under carriage to check wiring and spent thousands to fix it, all to find out that the motor was absolutely covered in silicone to the point were it wouldn't work. There is NO manual option on these units and I will never buy another with out this option as it ruined our family trip. Please be aware of this issue and DO NOT rip apart your wiring to fix this.

Ryan

Ryan Arendt is offline   Reply With Quote