2012 Coleman 240RK - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2017, 08:50 AM   #1

Minnesota
2012 Coleman 240RK

Hello
We are very new to RVing . We fell in love with a 2012 Coleman 240RK and ended up buying it.
As were trying to find out more information about it, we could not find any info, the only thing that came to light was that it looks identical to Komfort Resort 240RK.

I want to install a skylight in the kitchen area and was wondering where or how I can get a framing diagram before I start cutting into the roof.

Also if there are any owners of a similar model, I would appreciate to hear from them about their experience with this trailer and perhaps learn about some of the modifications they might have added.

thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unit_photo_201609200343013230730374.JPG
Views:	346
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	3992   Click image for larger version

Name:	unit_photo_201609200343074480683229.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	3993   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2109.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	3994  

zaneroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Welcome to the forums!

Nice looking rig! It may well be a Komfort and just had the Coleman badgeing slapped on it. Coleman doesn't build anything anymore it is strictly a licensed name now.

I doubt you will find any frame drawings for your unit, you will need to find the rafters yourself. Several ways to go about it, one is to pull the interior garnish on an existing vent, that will let you see what the construction is and might give you an idea of the rafter spacing. You can look for ceiling fasteners and see if you can establish a pattern.

Good Luck!

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:38 PM   #3

British Columbia
We have the same trailer. Has been good so far (5 years). The only major problem I have run into is the main feed from the reset-able breaker (under the front of the trailer) to the slide and awning grounded out on the frame. I did a bunch of looking but could not locate the short. Since it is in parallel with the battery feed from the breaker, I disconnected the feed at both ends and am using the main feed from the battery to the panel to run the slide and awning. I will replace this summer buy putting a new run on the right hand side of the trailer. Did you ever find a framing diagram for the trailer? Thanks. Doug
BCDoug is offline   Reply With Quote