2008 28B-GS water coming out of back of water pump? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2020, 12:38 PM   #1

Iowa
2008 28B-GS water coming out of back of water pump?

My fresh water tank is full and when I turn on the water pump it pumps water out of the back of the water pump? Doesn’t seem to be sending it down line to the water heater?

Anyone have the plumbing schematic of 2008 Dutchmen 28B-GS?

Roberts0400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 12:44 PM   #2

Florida
the water pump just takes over the water supply from the main source (the holding tank) and doesn't feed the hot water tank directly but feeds the entire RV instead of the "city water supply".

https://www.camperguide.org/rv-plumbing-diagram/

If your water pump is leaking you may need to replace the pump. Do you get cold water out of the faucets when you run the pump? Does it leak at the hose fitting or actually at the pump?

Does it leak when you are hooked up to city water because that's the end that would be on the city water pressure side? Do you use a pressure regulator when you hook up to city water?

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:14 PM   #3

Iowa
I don't get water to come out of any faucet even on the cold side? If I disconnect the line coming out of the water pump it will pump water into a bucket. But when connected it just pumps the water out of the back of the pump?
Old 07-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #4

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberts0400 View Post
I don't get water to come out of any faucet even on the cold side? If I disconnect the line coming out of the water pump it will pump water into a bucket. But when connected it just pumps the water out of the back of the pump?
water line crimped or blocked to the main feed. Should not be too hard to find since the main connections should be close by. Trace the line back to where it connects to the city water line. Does your city water connection work? There may be a check valve that prevents water from going out the city water connection when you are on internal water.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:56 PM   #5

Iowa
What do you mean by "main feed"? I will try connecting to city water and see what happens.
When it does leak it comes our of the back of the water pump. The water only comes out when the pump is on. Like you said it acts like something is blocking the flow of water?

any ideas on what to feed up through the lines to check for a blockage?
Old 07-21-2020, 02:13 PM   #6

Wisconsin
Water should not be coming out of pump body. If so, you have a pump with defective seals, and would need to be replaced. My experience with water pumps when operating off of water holding tank is that when there is no or low line pressure, the pump will turn on and run until l pressure is built back up. Sounds like your pump is not building up pressure because of bad and leaking seals. Good luck.
wis-redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:03 PM   #7

Iowa
Pulled the pump and the housing the holds the pressure sensor in was cracked. Have a new one on order, that should fix my issue.