2004 Aerolite Cub Fridge Help - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Travel Trailer
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2019, 12:10 AM   #1

Tennessee
2004 Aerolite Cub Fridge Help

I recently went from a pop up to an Aerolite hybrid. When connecting to my 30 amp at my house, my electrician wired it with 220 and it popped my fuses and breakers. Upon inspection, everything appeared to be ok. It was also verified by a local dealer.

However, now we are camping and the fridge will not run on shore power or propane when connected. Only battery. And it appears battery will not charge. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the fridge on shore power? Or, does it appear to be a converter issue? AC, plugs and microwave still work fine. Just not fridge and lights.

Thank you for your help.

Also, I have rechecked breakers, fuses and GFCIs. And, when connected to my truck, lights and fridge work.

Tummy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:28 AM   #2

Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy34 View Post
I recently went from a pop up to an Aerolite hybrid. When connecting to my 30 amp at my house, my electrician wired it with 220 and it popped my fuses and breakers. Upon inspection, everything appeared to be ok. It was also verified by a local dealer.

However, now we are camping and the fridge will not run on shore power or propane when connected. Only battery. And it appears battery will not charge. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the fridge on shore power? Or, does it appear to be a converter issue? AC, plugs and microwave still work fine. Just not fridge and lights.

Thank you for your help.

Also, I have rechecked breakers, fuses and GFCIs. And, when connected to my truck, lights and fridge work.

You might want to check the fuse in the converter. 12 volt appliances need the inverter and battery for operation. Lights and the control board of the refrigerator and furnace need the 12 volts.

Volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Caravanners
sundancer 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:13 AM   #3

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancer 87 View Post
You might want to check the fuse in the converter. 12 volt appliances need the inverter and battery for operation. Lights and the control board of the refrigerator and furnace need the 12 volts.

Thank you. Just double checked the inverter fuse and it's good and intact. Unfortunately, it sounds like an inverter. I hope it's not motherboards as well.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:32 AM   #4

Oklahoma
Quote:
Thank you. Just double checked the inverter fuse and it's good and intact. Unfortunately, it sounds like an inverter. I hope it's not motherboards as well.

I suppose the place to start checking voltages would be at the output of the converter. Have the battery checked also. When you plugged the camper in and killed the fuses and breakers something took a hit somewhere. It's going to take some trouble shooting to find the problem. There may be an inline fuse somewhere along the way also.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #5
Site Team

North Carolina
What brand of inverter do you have? I would check the tongue (I am guessing that the battery is mounted there) for resettable fuses too.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #6

South Carolina
Quote:

Thank you for your help.

I don't think any TT use 220. Was that a typo?
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 12:58 AM   #7

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
What brand of inverter do you have? I would check the tongue (I am guessing that the battery is mounted there) for resettable fuses too.

Aaron
I checked everywhere and finally just bit the bullet and took it to the dealership. Thank you so for your help.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:59 AM   #8

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyVeteran View Post
I don't think any TT use 220. Was that a typo?
No typo, you read it correctly. My electrician wired 30 amp incorrectly. Then blamed me!
Old 05-12-2019, 01:06 AM   #9

Oklahoma
Quote:
No typo, you read it correctly. My electrician wired 30 amp incorrectly. Then blamed me!

Yep, that's what killed your breakers and fuses. It was correct for residential application but it's not the same for RVs.