Where to mount TV in Bedroom (Aerolite 2573 BH) - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #1

Georgia
Where to mount TV in Bedroom (Aerolite 2573 BH)

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and just purchased an Aerolite 2573BH last mont. I am trying to install a tv in the bedroom. There is a power outlet and cable connection on the ceiling in the bedroom but no sticker showing where the backer is. We called Aerolite and asked for the schematics but was told they do not do that. I asked the dealer that sold me and he told me to find a stud on the outside wall. I wanted to see if anyone has a similar camper and if they have successfully mounted a tv (or even have a sticker and can point me in the right direction). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Surferbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #2

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferbandit View Post
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and just purchased an Aerolite 2573BH last mont. I am trying to install a tv in the bedroom. There is a power outlet and cable connection on the ceiling in the bedroom but no sticker showing where the backer is. We called Aerolite and asked for the schematics but was told they do not do that. I asked the dealer that sold me and he told me to find a stud on the outside wall. I wanted to see if anyone has a similar camper and if they have successfully mounted a tv (or even have a sticker and can point me in the right direction). Any help is greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum! It would be helpful if you included a picture of the area you are working with. I will tell you that, in my experience, there was a sticker on my rv telling me that there was a backer board but unfortunately, the sticker person didn't coordinate with the backer person and the backer was left out.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #3

South Carolina
Quote:
Hi all,

Ours was marked and it was directly under the outlet. You might try a stud finder. One of the ones I have has a sensitivity control. But either way if you get results that seem to indicate a "back board" you are probably good.

Good Luck
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:54 PM   #4

Georgia
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately its in the shop (for the self leveling system) and I don't have a good picture of the wall. I've attached the only picture I do have that will show you where the power and cable are. I'll try the stud finder on the wall and ceiling near the plugs. I'll post a better picture when I get it back.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0155.jpg
Views:	842
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	5393  
Surferbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:56 PM   #5

Tennessee
If it's in the shop, take the mount to them. They should be happy to throw it up for you to make up for the leveling system problems.
Old 05-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
If it's in the shop, take the mount to them. They should be happy to throw it up for you to make up for the leveling system problems.
good suggestion! it doesn't look to me from the picture, that there is anywhere to mount the tv!
Old 05-02-2019, 03:32 PM   #7

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktafl View Post
good suggestion! it doesn't look to me from the picture, that there is anywhere to mount the tv!
I would never be comfortable mounting a tv bracket to the outside wall, too many things could go wrong. This is coming from the guy who tore half of his camper apart to reinforce the inner wall tv mounting "boards".
Old 05-02-2019, 04:08 PM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I would never be comfortable mounting a tv bracket to the outside wall, too many things could go wrong. This is coming from the guy who tore half of his camper apart to reinforce the inner wall tv mounting "boards".
LOL... I mounted one on the outside wall where there was a sticker saying MOUNT TV HERE... they forgot the backer board and I drilled a small hole in the outside looking for it...
Old 05-08-2019, 09:40 PM   #9

Florida
I do not have the same unit. What I did in my Denali 307RLS was to mount the tv at the foot of the bed wall where it shares with the bathroom AND sliding pocket door. I ran a painted board from the floor to the ceiling and mounted to the baseboard and top where it meets the ceiling. Before mounting I grooved out a channel on the inside of the board and ran electric and cable exited them where the tv mount was mounted. BTW I used PEM nuts from the back side and used machine screws to attach the mount. Works perfectly and we can lay in bed facing forward.
In your case if you want to use existing electric and cable. Mount a board reaching from the top of the window (you know there is framing there for the window!) Reaching to the top where wall meets ceiling and again a top plate is located. You can use the method of the PEM nuts to mount your tv! Safe and sound! GOOD LUCK!
davesullivansr@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:15 AM   #10

California
I wouldn’t trust the mounting stickers anyway. Mine was off by about 6 inches. I used a stud finder and found the stud myself.

When I use a stud finder I am really careful and use a pencil to mark the edge of each stud in several places. If they continue to line up then I feel safe. I would also suggest drilling a small pilot hole once you think you have found the stud. If you did you will feel a wooden stud and the drill will feel the same resistance all the way. If you missed the drill will go through the wall like pushing a pencil through a sheet of paper!
Old 05-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #11

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsol View Post
I wouldn’t trust the mounting stickers anyway. Mine was off by about 6 inches. I used a stud finder and found the stud myself.

When I use a stud finder I am really careful and use a pencil to mark the edge of each stud in several places. If they continue to line up then I feel safe. I would also suggest drilling a small pilot hole once you think you have found the stud. If you did you will feel a wooden stud and the drill will feel the same resistance all the way. If you missed the drill will go through the wall like pushing a pencil through a sheet of paper!
Good advice... I patched the hole in the outside of the RV but learned a valuable lesson about how thick the walls really are in an RV.
Old 05-09-2019, 03:01 PM   #12

Arizona
Quote:
Hi all,

One blanket recommendation for mounting anything with any weight on RV walls, regardless of markings... I would always suggest installing a large piece of plywood (quarter to half inch) sized to be hidden by whatever you need to mount, but hopefully large enough to cross at least two of the studs.

Between the studs and running 4-6 (or more) additional short wood screws into the wall paneling material as an additional measure against the torque of bouncing TVs, shelves, or whatever as your trailer traverses the bumps in the road of life, this provides a much better mounting system and surface than any single stud ever will. It also let's you place the mount wherever it is most convenient for you, regardless of where the studs or backing supports are located.

And if you stain the plywood to either match or decoratively contract with your wall colors, you may not care if some of it shows, as may need to happen at times, depending on the size of the item and the placement of the studs. If some of the plywood shows, put a hook or two in it to hold hats or a small shelf to make it part of the decor. But if you know what your walls are made of in any lightweight RV, you will immediately agree that additional support and bracing is the only way to go.
Quote... "Give me ambivalence or give me something else."
BRawlingsAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #13

Tennessee
I chose mounts that made it east to take the tv's down for travel. I can throw them on the bed on top of the pillows and they ride on a nearly vibration/shock free platform. It takes all of 3 minutes to take both down.

My last tv stayed mounted all the time and the picture started degrading badly, I think something shook loose during travel.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:55 PM   #14

Florida
Quote:
Hi all,

I don’t know exactly what your floor plan is like but if you have some sort of wall separating your bedroom you are best to probably mount it there.I have a 282DBHS and I mounted mine on the room divider wall. Mounted a couple of cleats and some Velcro strap to secure it during travel.
QuanLoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #15

Ontario
Sorry to revive this old thread but I have the same trailer and similar problem. I have the sticker but it is mounted right at the roof....about an inch from the edge to the roof... Surferbandit, did you take the mount to the dealer and just have them install it? Just curious how you made out? I'm afraid to drill into my exterior wall...lol
Diesel7926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:59 PM   #16

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel7926 View Post
Sorry to revive this old thread but I have the same trailer and similar problem. I have the sticker but it is mounted right at the roof....about an inch from the edge to the roof... Surferbandit, did you take the mount to the dealer and just have them install it? Just curious how you made out? I'm afraid to drill into my exterior wall...lol
I can send you some pics where I mounted my tv in the bed
room of my Aerolite. It’s easy .
QuanLoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:21 PM   #17

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanLoi View Post
I can send you some pics where I mounted my tv in the bed
room of my Aerolite. It’s easy .
That would be really appreciated! I have the mount on the tv sitting under the bed. Drill and bits ready to go! I'm sure once I have it up I'll be surprised at how easy it was but I want to make sure when I drill that I don't go through the outside and I have it in the right spot.

Diesel7926 is offline   Reply With Quote