Warranty - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #1

Texas
Warranty

A while back I notice the wall in the bedroom was pulling away from the floor. The trailer is a Kodiak 255 BHSL. Each time I would operate the slide it would pull the wall further away from the floor. Actually, it had gotten so bad you could see the ground between the wall and the floor. My trailer is just out of the first-year warranty but has a three-year structure warranty. I’ve dealt with trying to get repair work done under warranty many times and it seems manufacturers are always trying to figure out a way to not honor their warranty.

Well I can honestly say Keystone came through with no hassle what so ever. I was prepared to go to war because I’ve only taken this trailer out a few times since I purchased it. It has traveled less than 2000 miles.

I just wanted to post a positive for Keystone honoring their warranty without me ever making contact with them. The dealer I purchased from handled the issue from start to finish. While in for repair it was found to have a couple of recalls outstanding. Those were taken care of also. With that said I guess I should give my dealer here in Texas a big thanks also for handling everything.

Retired U.S. Army & Ret. Deputy Chief Of Police
Chief203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #2

Alabama
Good deal!

Revere411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:51 PM   #3

Florida
Congrats. Keystone initiated a 3 year structural warranty but did not grandfather any of their other units into the warranty. You would have had to purchase the rv after the start date.
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 11:09 PM   #4

Glad to hear positives abouta dealership for a change, unless its against the rules, whynot give the name so if others are passing through they can do some business with them as a show of support?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #5

Texas
The dealer was Crestview RV Georgetown, Tx.
Retired U.S. Army & Ret. Deputy Chief Of Police
Chief203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 11:04 AM   #6
Site Team

North Carolina
This is why there are overwhelming recommendations to choose a good dealer FIRST, then worry about everything else. I suspect the outcome would have been much different with a different dealer. Unfortunately, people assume that the RV industry warranty system works like the automotive warranty system and nothing could be further from the truth.

I am very glad to hear that it all worked out for you, keep supporting that local dealer!

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote