Two Month Old Kodiak 291RESL Ultimate Problems - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #21

Indiana
Buy American!!

While I'm sorry to hear about everyone elses issues I'm somewhat relieved I'm not the only one. How can we expect to ever compete globally when this is the quality we turn out? The dealer had my camper more than I did the first 6 mos. I think they just hope you'll get tired of hauling it in (6hrs round trip & a day off work) and fix it yourself. That's exactly what happened. Like someone said, ten's of thousands of dollars (there were much cheaper models) and still pathetic quality. Rant over!

kenhansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:43 AM   #22

Texas
You had yours longer than we did before issues started. Light cover outside came off somewhere driving on first trip. Both skylights leak BAD. 6 of the 8 windows leak really bad. One bad enough to ruin the trim. Same issue with the trim not being finished. What stain did you find to match? Busted wall you don’t see unless you are sitting on cough. Whatever paper stuff they use on trim work to look like wood is bubbles up. The list goes on. It is in for warranty work now. Guy said he had never seen one leak like ours. He said they will probably do a pressure test on it to find all the leaks. Our last camper had no warranty issues and this one is horrible!

Blmsdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:10 PM   #23

Georgia
#14...My grey water handle fell off my Kodiak as well. It was rather difficult to find the replacement. Ebay buy it now was best.
It's a Lasalle Bristol 90CMA1 on ebay for $14.69 delivered.
Markg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:55 PM   #24

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhansell View Post
While I'm sorry to hear about everyone elses issues I'm somewhat relieved I'm not the only one. How can we expect to ever compete globally when this is the quality we turn out? The dealer had my camper more than I did the first 6 mos. I think they just hope you'll get tired of hauling it in (6hrs round trip & a day off work) and fix it yourself. That's exactly what happened. Like someone said, ten's of thousands of dollars (there were much cheaper models) and still pathetic quality. Rant over!
I just cancelled my 5 yr. extended warranty and after such a long time to get small things done I will do the work my self.
accuratecont@hotmail.comb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 10:08 AM   #25

Tennessee
I’ve owned my 291resl for 2 seasons, a couple of stupid concerns that I repaired myself
I guess I have been lucky 😊
Stan the man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 10:04 PM   #26

South Carolina
Jeff,

WOW! I feel your pain. That is an amazing list of issues.

I thought our little 2018 243 BHSL was bad. But I am counting our blessings after reading your post. SORRY MAN.

I wonder if that old car adage applies here. Dont buy a car built on Friday or Monday?? Or an RV???

Good LUCK!
ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 12:45 AM   #27

Wisconsin
Two different worlds

I began reading and posting on Dutchmen Owners last year. My experience with my Kodiak Cub is a lot like this thread. There are many others like this one for the year.
The odd thing is I began reading another general RV and TT forum. There are at least a dozen Kodiak Cub owners who have all had great experiences. Sure they have an issue or two. But not like the Dutchmen Owners forum. The same seems to be true for other Dutchmen and Keystone owners.
I understand the strange dichotomy is statistically possible, but it just seem like there are two different worlds.
persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:06 AM   #28

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by persistent View Post
I began reading and posting on Dutchmen Owners last year. My experience with my Kodiak Cub is a lot like this thread. There are many others like this one for the year.
The odd thing is I began reading another general RV and TT forum. There are at least a dozen Kodiak Cub owners who have all had great experiences. Sure they have an issue or two. But not like the Dutchmen Owners forum. The same seems to be true for other Dutchmen and Keystone owners.
I understand the strange dichotomy is statistically possible, but it just seem like there are two different worlds.

Velly interrrresting!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sxhultz.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	5262  

ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote