Thermostat-Blower Question 200QB - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #1

Thermostat-Blower Question 200QB

New owners and very pleased so far other than problems we'll have the dealer fix later this fall.
However, when we turned the blower on for the AC or just the fan alone, the high and low thermostat settings don't seem to make any difference in the blower. It sounds like the like the same speed and sounds just as load whether high or low. I was hoping there would be a noticeable drop in sound. Are we missing something here? thank you

freddc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #2

Wyoming
Re: Thermostat-Blower Question 200QB

The thermostat is merely an on/off switch. It turns the A/C on or off when the set point of the thermostat is reached. Only the Hi/Low switch will affect the speed of the fan.

Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #3

maybe I'm not explaining well. yes operates like a regular thermostat with digital numbers up and down, but the high/low setting doesnt change the blower speed. I assume high low refers to fan speed but there is no change regardless of setting.
freddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #4

We have exactly the same issue with our 2012 Kodiak 263RLSL. The high/low setting does not seem to affect the amount of noise the blower makes at all. The temperature setting does work and you can hear the heat or a/c cycling on and off but the blower just blows no matter what the high/low setting. I will keep monitoring your post to see if someone comes up with an anwer.
BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #5

Wyoming

Sounds like one of the speed modes are not wired to the switch. Sounds like a warranty issue to me.
There should be a very noticable sound difference (as well as air flow) between the two modes.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:07 AM   #6

Saskatchewan

Our trailer is not here right now or I would look in the manual. But if I remember right, with ours there are 3 settings: Hi, Lo and Auto. The thermostat works with the Auto setting. The Hi/Lo affects the fan speed and doesn't rely on the thermostat setting. And as I found out last week, if the Fan is set to Hi or Lo it will run when the furnace is on. Turn the Fan to Auto to avoid this.

Dave.
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #7

My curiousity got the better of me yesterday so I went out to the TT and fired up the fan on hi and lo to see if I could discern a difference. I opened the max air vent on the overhead a/c and held my hand up to the vent on both settings. Sure enough, the volume of air on the lo setting was indeed about half of what it was on the hi setting. However, there was absolutely no difference in the noise level. It was the same amount of noise on both settings. My unit does not have the auto setting mentioned. Guess we just have to get used to the noise level.
BigBoyjack b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by knesdad
Our trailer is not here right now or I would look in the manual. But if I remember right, with ours there are 3 settings: Hi, Lo and Auto. The thermostat works with the Auto setting. The Hi/Lo affects the fan speed and doesn't rely on the thermostat setting. And as I found out last week, if the Fan is set to Hi or Lo it will run when the furnace is on. Turn the Fan to Auto to avoid this.

Dave.
I just found this out this weekend Dave. If you turn the Fan to Auto, then the AC Blower wont operate when the Furnace is on. I think a lot of people think they have an electrical problem but this is not the case. The AC Blower comes on with the Furnace to give extra circulation if needed.

Colin & Karen
Calgary Alberta
2012 3500 Longhorn Ram Crew Cab
2012 Dutchmen Sport 265 BHS
FlyingDutchmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:46 AM   #9

Saskatchewan

Good to know! Thanks!

Dave.
2012 Ford F150 XLT EB SS CRW 6.5 Max Tow
'12 Dutchmen Kodiak 284BHSL
knesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #10

Connecticut
I have a 1995 Dutchmen 30FK, it is missing the AC/Heater blower that mounts in the ceiling unit on the inside of the RV. There appears to be a 4 pin molex connector it plugs into. Anyone know of a source for that?
rattletrap1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:29 AM   #11

Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoyjack b View Post
My curiousity got the better of me yesterday so I went out to the TT and fired up the fan on hi and lo to see if I could discern a difference. I opened the max air vent on the overhead a/c and held my hand up to the vent on both settings. Sure enough, the volume of air on the lo setting was indeed about half of what it was on the hi setting. However, there was absolutely no difference in the noise level. It was the same amount of noise on both settings. My unit does not have the auto setting mentioned. Guess we just have to get used to the noise level.
We have the 15,000btu unit in ours and when you go from lo to high in fan mode the motor turns off for a few seconds and there is a definite difference in noise. I can't even use the max air vent, it's so close to the the thermostat, it shuts the air off after a minute or so and cycles way too fast. Of course with the bigger unit, it's like a meat locker in there anyways.