RV Vent Fans - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2021, 09:06 PM   #1

Colorado
RV Vent Fans

Looking to install a vent fan in my Kodiak Cub 175bh (2018). Looks like Maxx Air or Fan-Tastic have best reviews.

Any others I should consider or any other thoughts on installation, etc. ?

Thanks!

barrieb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 11:40 AM   #2

Florida
I have a maax air. One lesson i learned is that it needs to have a cover. The fan will not operate if it is raining or very damp outside. The cover will permit it to run when raining.

franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 02:05 PM   #3

Colorado
I should have mentioned that I do have a Maxx Air Vent Cover on there already. Their website says it's not meant for use w/ high powered ventilators.

I suppose I'll need to replace that while installing the fan.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:59 PM   #4

Florida
Buy the one with the rain cover.
Old 03-06-2021, 09:20 PM   #5

Ontario
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Vents-an...00-07500K.html
I have this one; replaced the one that came with the trailer. Was a very easy switch. Love the remote and it is very quiet and powerful.
Dutch Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:25 PM   #6

Oregon
Just curious, have you actually been out in your rig camping or is this a new (used) purchase for you? Only asking because we have a 21' Kodiak and have found that the bathroom fan along with the stove hood fan have been more than adequate. And of course there is the passive vent above the bed along with an abundance of window openings.
Please understand, I am not trying to second guess your wish to have another fan, just wonder if you are anticipating ventilation issues or have actually experienced them.
Researchhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:43 PM   #7

Ontario
It’s an Aerolite 195QB, 2012 that we bought new. I changed the fan for 2 reasons. Firstly I’m 5’ tall (or not tall!) and I would have to get a stool to be able to reach the fan controls. And it was loud, so to have it running to move some air through the trailer was noisy. The new fan is very quiet, moves enough air to pull the bathroom door shut even at half power. Best of all, it has a remote! Can set it to come on automatically at set temp. We don’t need air conditioner nearly as much.I would say this is the best thing I upgraded after putting in a new mattress.
Dutch Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:08 PM   #8

Florida
In my opinion, Two of the best upgrades there are. Getting rid of that cheap bathroom fan with the switch no one can reach and replacing that horrible mattress they give you with the camper.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #9

Colorado
We dry camp a lot and having some better circulation would be great. When plugged in, the A/C on (even on fan mode) is perfectly fine. But, having a high-efficiency fan is certainly a bonus. I don't like the fan in the bathroom. It's a drain on the batteries for not much circulation.