Replacement Water Pump For Kodiak UL 201QB - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2020, 06:33 PM   #1

Oregon
Replacement Water Pump For Kodiak UL 201QB

We have a 2017 Kodiak 201QB which we have had great success with so far. A few minor annoyances but nothing major.

One issue is our terribly noisy water pump. Not only does it make a racket but out kitchen faucet shakes like crazy when the pump runs. I have gone in and tried to dampen the pumps noise and checked lines to be sure nothing is vibrating against hard surfaces - but with little success.

So, one of my off season projects is to replace the pump. At this time, based on reviews, I would likely go with a Shurflo 2088-544-144, 3.5/min., 45 PSI pump, or something similar which would work in my rig. But, I am interested in any other suggestions or thoughts from anyone who has had this issue and successfully dealt with it.

Thanks,
Dan

Researchhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:21 PM   #2

Wisconsin
We have a 2018 Kodiak Cub. We sometimes have the same issue with noise. I think our issue is related to the check valve in it that sticks when it has not been used for a while. I run a lot of water through it when I am setting up for a trip. Eventually it quiets down. More water in the fresh tank also helps. That may reduce the force trying to reverse flow back into the tank.

I wish you good luck and happy trails ahead!

persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:53 PM   #3

Wisconsin
I have a Kodiak 186. The pump was noisy from the start. I unscrewed it and isolated it with some rubber mounts. Helped a lot-just a few soft rubber blocks from the hardware store under the pump with the screws thru the blocks.
Howard10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:03 PM   #4

Arizona
off subject but how does the outside front cap and rear outside fiberglass look on your trailer ? Mine is separating on the rear and the front cap looks like amatures built the thing. Looks like crap.
steve weston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:46 PM   #5

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve weston View Post
off subject but how does the outside front cap and rear outside fiberglass look on your trailer ? Mine is separating on the rear and the front cap looks like amatures built the thing. Looks like crap.
So far there are no issues. But we store it under cover from October through June and I keep it well coated with several applications of 303 throughout the active use season.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:52 PM   #6

Oregon
Did notice in getting it cleaned and coated with 303 for the off season that the caulk covering the ends of the edge trim pieces for both the front and back was coming loose. The rest of the roof caulk looks good. Plan to go out to where it’s stored and redo the caulking at the ends of those four trim pieces where they terminate on the roof.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:17 PM   #7

Michigan
Make absolutely sure the caulking is good. Remove the old and re-caulk with self leveling. When seams go bad the trailer will soon be junk.
capeharj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #8

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by capeharj View Post
Make absolutely sure the caulking is good. Remove the old and re-caulk with self leveling. When seams go bad the trailer will soon be junk.
That’s the plan. Also taking it in to my dealer come spring to have it thoroughly gone over. I stay on top of things pretty well but it will be good to get another set of eyes on it.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:06 PM   #9

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve weston View Post
Mine is still in perfect condition. We use the trailer a lot however usually take it out of storage a few days before leaving and then back in the storage unit after cleaning.

Howard10 is offline   Reply With Quote