Radio antenna on Kodiak Ultimate 230rbsl ? - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2017, 01:04 AM   #1

North Carolina
Radio antenna on Kodiak Ultimate 230rbsl ?

So, does anyone know where the radio antenna is...or not...or is that the reason the radio won't pick up stations without static ?

gotohatteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:57 AM   #2

South Carolina
TV antenna goes to distribution box with power light and pushbutton. The connection to the radio is TV2, which is inside that box. The booster must be on. If you are watching cable, with booster off, then you won't have radio. Unless it's an old cable system that carries FM stations. Don't think they do anymore.

MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:53 AM   #3

New Jersey
I had the same problem. We're often in campground with cable TV & cable internet. If you turn booster on to get signal to the radio, it kills cable TV & internet. Sometimes we just want to listen to the radio, or leave it on for the dog when we are out.

Someone here, sorry, I don't remember who, recommended this:
Tune Trapper Hidden AM FM Antennas For Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Stereos, Radios

I mounted the Tune Tapper antenna behind the main TV, ran the antenna down into the compartment with the radio, and swapped the antenna connection. Problem solved, we have great radio reception all the time.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #4

North Carolina
Thanks everyone ! Of course...duh...i should have known the radio antenna was actually rhw tv antenna. Boy, do i feel stupid !
Old 04-23-2017, 10:26 PM   #5

North Carolina
I don't know where the dutchmen come from...we used to always adjust the tv antenna for better radio reception...jeez was i mixed up !
Old 04-24-2017, 01:40 AM   #6

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotohatteras View Post
Thanks everyone ! Of course...duh...i should have known the radio antenna was actually rhw tv antenna. Boy, do i feel stupid !
Don't feel bad, my last two trailers had separate antenna for the radio. My opinion is that's how it should be, so you can still use the radio when in a campground on cable. Seems their just being cheap by not including a separate antenna for the radio. The good news is the fix I suggested is easy to implement, and not too expensive.