Purchasing 2017 282DBHS - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Dutchmen Owners > Dutchmen Brand RVs > Ultra-Lite
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2016, 01:14 PM   #21

Ohio
Sorry to hear about the slide-out issues and the hot water. Thanks for the pictures, that interior color is great. Very modern, which is what we like about the onyx as well. We are heading out this weekend for what will probably be our last trip of the weekend, cooler weather, but nothing quite as cool as you experienced; 40's and 60's expected.

mastwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #22

New York
Make sure the valves are in the right position on the hot water heater. If they are still in the bypass position, you will have no hot water. Hot and cold valves open, and bypass valve closed. If the bypass valve is left open, it will mix the hot and cold water. (I know from experience

brywatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:01 PM   #23

Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by brywatz View Post
Make sure the valves are in the right position on the hot water heater. If they are still in the bypass position, you will have no hot water. Hot and cold valves open, and bypass valve closed. If the bypass valve is left open, it will mix the hot and cold water. (I know from experience
I checked and double checked the valves, but they are in the correct position. The weird part was that we had hot water for about 30 minutes and then it would not come back on. It's like there is no power to the water heater. I've read the Atwood manual that came with it (that information is about as useful as the water heater is right now). The electric heating element doesnt come on and I have no gas flowing there either. I have a feeling it is something to do with the thermostat or the thermal-link. Thankfully, the dealer is going to take care of it.
jelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 06:48 PM   #24

Idaho
Sorry that this is so late in replying to the original thread I started last Fall. I thought I'd give a brief update as to how things progressed with the slide issue and the hot water heater....
The hot water heater had a bad thermostat. Dealer took care of that problem.
As for the slide, it turns out that the interior wall where the TV is mounted is not square...Imagine that!!! They were able to adjust the slide some so that it does not hit the handles on the cabinets, so at least I dont have to remove handles every trip.
I cant believe that it has been since November since I last visited here. Life, work and day-to-day activities have kept me fairly busy.
I can say, that I am getting ready to head out this Wednesday for a 5-day trip in the trailer and cannot wait. Spring finally arrived to Idaho, after a record Winter and snowpacks 150% of normal for the south part of the state.