Owners manual or user guide - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2017, 09:36 PM   #1

Missouri
Owners manual or user guide

Recently purchased a 1998 Aerolite Series 7 Model 25FDB and it did not come with an owners manual or users guide. Does anyone know where I can get these at?

ozziejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #2
Site Team

North Carolina
Hi and welcome to the forums!

Owners manuals (if they exist) are extremely generic, basically they tell you that you have travel trailer and not to use it improperly or it will kill you.

I don't recall when Dutchmen absorbed Aerolite, but here is the link to the Dutchmen manual for your year of trailer. The best bet is going to be to ask questions here, pictures of the problem are always a plus.

As far as your specific appliances, get the brand, model number and serial number and search the internet for the manufacturer's website. They will usually have the manuals archived on there somewhere. They are usually a lot better than the ones from Dutchmen.

Good Luck!

Aaron

wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:04 PM   #3

Missouri
Thanks Aaron for your help.
Hopefully I can figure all this stuff out without killing myself lol.

Michael
Old 01-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #4

Texas
You should know Ozzie, that your first post is the most common first post on this forum.
But what is amazing is that Aaron is the defacto responder to that first post 99% of the time. Others of us see the first post, and smile, cuz we know the new member is fixing to receive the warm welcome and a link, if there is one, to the "owners manual".

I still don't know how Aaron finds all those worthless documents, but he is as reliable as they come.

Welcome aboard. And as soon as you have questions that are NOT going to be answered by Aerolite's manual, just come here and ask.
(By the way, I live in a small Aerolite. And I am very happy with it)

Cheers
Bruce
2003 Ram 2500 Cummins (can't kill this beast)
snakebitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:51 AM   #5

Colorado
Ozzie,

Snakebitten is absolutely correct. Got a question? Got a problem? Come here and ask. There is no such thing as a "dumb question".

I've been on this forum for three years...and I'm still asking "dumb questions"...but I'm asking and getting answers.

I do my best to share as much info as I can on what I've learned.

And as wahooc wrote...and I'll comment...we hate to respond with "this post is worthless without pictures".

All the best!

Pirate
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #6

Missouri
snakebitten and Pirate
Thanks for the responses. I finally got a chance to get in and go thru the camper over the weekend and get some info off the heater etc. so i can start looking for user manuals so once i get those and start firing things up I'm sure I will have some questions and I will certainly post them (with pictures).

Thanks again
Michael
Old 05-01-2019, 02:48 PM   #7

Georgia
*🐍 snakebitten 2* I am a proud owner of a 97 Areolite travel trailer. I was blessed to come across this camper after a series of unfortunate events/ house fires which claimed two trailers in a two month span. Needless to say I want to make sure I know everything there is to know about the electrical as well as the gas system in this here camper. My beautiful wife and our little busy izzy will make you dizzy chauwinne 🐕 mean the world to me so if you would help me out with the do and don't and a run down of how the appliances should look when properly installed. Is it ok to hook a water hose directly to the city water hook up or do I need some sort of adapter? Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions and express concerns with ppl that genuinely care about the RV community
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15567204881441005290541.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	5387   Click image for larger version

Name:	1556721847769529596965.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	5388  
Izzybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:17 PM   #8

Wyoming
Name:  RVDummies.jpg
Views: 2932
Size:  11.8 KB Name:  RVidiots.jpg
Views: 2970
Size:  11.3 KB

Please understand that I say this with no mean spiritedness at all... but if you don't even know the basics of water hookup, you need to invest the time & effort to read books like these, or watch relevant YouTube videos to get up to speed.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
ATCguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:29 PM   #9

Georgia
How did u guess I am a dumb ass? Thx for the suggested reading material. I'm sure, at some time in your life, you've had a new toy that didn't have instructions. I'm guessing that who ever helped you figure it out made you feel like a dumb ass and therefore you have incorporated that twisted teaching technique. Good thing I'm gifted with the ability to learn from all sorts of twisted techniques from ridiculing ones naivety, to encouraging ones desire to learn, let's not forget, answering even the most stupid of questions. Thx again I can't wait to read the books u suggested. Wish me luck so that when I hook up the gas today I don't blow up my new home.
Izzybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #10

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzybella View Post
How did u guess I am a dumb ass? Thx for the suggested reading material. I'm sure, at some time in your life, you've had a new toy that didn't have instructions. I'm guessing that who ever helped you figure it out made you feel like a dumb ass and therefore you have incorporated that twisted teaching technique. Good thing I'm gifted with the ability to learn from all sorts of twisted techniques from ridiculing ones naivety, to encouraging ones desire to learn, let's not forget, answering even the most stupid of questions. Thx again I can't wait to read the books u suggested. Wish me luck so that when I hook up the gas today I don't blow up my new home.

Sorry, I agree with him. Watching the videos will help you, why did you take it that way?

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...TF-8#kpvalbx=1
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #11

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzybella View Post
...I'm sure, at some time in your life, you've had a new toy that didn't have instructions...
I don't think I ever called you a dumbass. The titles of the books are what they are. But they contain a good amount of useful information... much of which cover items you yourself haven't even thought of yet.

Yes, at one time, I was dumb as a post about RV life. So, I bought & read the books. I watched YouTube videos. I learned "the basics"... learned all I could on my own. And then, and ONLY THEN, did I reach out to others to answer question which remained. I didn't bother them with trivial issues of which the answers were easy to find.

There are plenty of us here that are more than willing to help when needed... many with far more knowledge than myself. With only about 6 years of experience under my belt, I'm still a relative newbie myself. But I'm pretty sure that I can go out on a limb and say that everyone's far more willing to help when they know the person has at least tried to help themself first.
2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE
Old 05-02-2019, 10:25 PM   #12

Tennessee
I'm still baffled by the nipple pic.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #13

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I'm still baffled by the nipple pic.
LOL... dislocated finger... I don't think we will be hearing from him anymore. Shame that he got his feelings hurt. We really could have helped him along SAFELY!
franktafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 09:05 PM   #14

Michigan
i bought a 2000 aerolite 21 rdb travel trailer and am trying to replace one of the side windows that got broke when the wind caught the door. i am also trying to find out about the battery locations and how to hook up new ones, they were removed when bought the trailer.
ccrumley75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 04:13 AM   #15

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrumley75 View Post
i bought a 2000 aerolite 21 rdb travel trailer and am trying to replace one of the side windows that got broke when the wind caught the door. i am also trying to find out about the battery locations and how to hook up new ones, they were removed when bought the trailer.
I see you've now posted the same question in 3 different forums on this site. So I'll copy & paste the same answer I gave in one the others...

They don't exist. RV's aren't like cars with model-specific owner's manuals, or Chilton's repair manuals. At best, the only thing you can hope for is a generic user manual on how RV's work.

On the other hand, you can sometimes find information about various components by finding the manufacturer & specific model number, and then going to their website to look it up (refrigerators, ovens, water heater, etc.)

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask in the various forums that deal with that part of the rig, and someone will try to help if they can.

Other than that... taking it to an RV repair shop is about your only option.

2018 BMW R1200GS RALLYE