Newbie! - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #1

Florida
Newbie!

Hi all! Just drove up from Lakeland, FL to Lake Park (Valdosta, GA area) 2 weeks ago to buy our first TT - 2012 Dutchmen Coleman 240RB w/slide.

I spent last Saturday washing, waxing (all sides), and cleaning the roof with approved solution (CampingWorld recommened). I noticed a few air pockets on the roof. Googling the issue it appears this is normal for a rubber roof and after all the water I used on the roof - no issues, so I will not worry as I did when I first noticed this.

Question - I would like to buy a cover that only covers the roof from the sun. Are there any covers out there that cover the JUST the roof? Kind of like we would wear a hat?

citgodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:15 AM   #2

Washington
Welcome to the forum! Don't know of any covers that are like you suggest. A carport type of structure is all I can think of. I don't think you'd want to use a cover continuously as it would block vents, A/C and such. It might also promote mold if moisture was not allowed to evaporate.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #3

Florida
I meant for storing when not using the TT. I plan on taking out about once a month for weekend trips, etc... It is being stored on my mother-in-law's property where it gets sunshine all day long. I have a full cover for it (sold with the camper) and haven't put it on yet, but in watching videos - seems very time consuming and involved.

I just thought it would be easier if only the roof was covered to keep the sun off

any thoughts?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #4

Washington
Don't really have any ideas other than a carport type canopy.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #5

California
I wouldn't be to concerned about the top. I live in the desert & have had RV's for the past 25 years out here in the HOT sun. Awning fabric is what gets effected the most by the sun, second is tires. Those are what need to be protected the most.
2012 F-350 6.7l CC 4X4, Sold 10/10/17
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #6

Florida
Thanks DesertRat. Didn't think much about the tires, but I guess you are right.