New here :) Aerolite 282dbhs - Page 2 - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #21

Delaware
Mine was a Carefree of Colorado SOK III (went with this to match the main awning). One thing to note is the rail is silver. A black piece is available but is an extra $25. I found the best price locally so I did not have to pay truck freight shipping. My slide is 151" from end of flange to end of flange and the box is approximately 3" in on each side. You should absolutely verify your measurements before ordering but this will give you a ballpark to use for pricing.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #22

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASABI View Post
Thanks for the reply, what kind did you end up getting. I did see some of your mods and your rig while I was in the decision making process. Looks good!

My husband can install, I am just wondering where would be the best place to buy it. How long did the install take you

Last question, where would I find the dimensions for the slide out. My trailer is in storage when not in use.
You need to measure the slide then add 6" to that measurement.

See if your dealer can get close the $522 that Camping World in the US would want for a Dometic Elite 156" topper (the size of my big slide). The Elite has the metal anti-billow cover.

You can go to the Camping World web site and find the price for an awning configured for your camper.

The Camping World price doesn't include the Good Sam discount.

hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:29 PM   #23

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddecker View Post
You need to measure the slide then add 6" to that measurement.

See if your dealer can get close the $522 that Camping World in the US would want for a Dometic Elite 156" topper (the size of my big slide). The Elite has the metal anti-billow cover.

You can go to the Camping World web site and find the price for an awning configured for your camper.

The Camping World price doesn't include the Good Sam discount.
Thanks! So add 6 inches for both measurements. width and depth.

Also the question would be Carefree or Dometic. I am not sure what our current awning is on our TT. Its a 2015. I have been googling and some people lean towards Dometic because Carefree has horrid customer service.

What is the Good Sam discount, I am in Canada, not sure if that is applicable or is it
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:11 AM   #24

British Columbia
No just add the 6" to the width. The maximum slide width is 42", I don't think there is a slide that is over 42", but measure it just to confirm.

It have only ever had AE/Dometic awnings and have been very happy with them. I'm sure that there are so Carefree users that can speak to their awnings.
hddecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:49 AM   #25
Site Team

North Carolina
I have Carefree, A&E (now Dometic) and Zip Dee. Zip Dee wins hands down for quality and customer service. They ain't cheap.

I would go with whatever is on your current setup. Probably Dometic.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:18 AM   #26

Delaware
Carefree's customer service has been excellent for me. I complained when I ordered my topper with black hardware and the rail that holds the awning was silver. They sent me a new black rail and one of their camping mats free of charge.

The SOK III has a wind deflector (or you can get a full cover). I would order it again in a heartbeat.

2014 Aerolite 282DBHS

myaeroliterv.com
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote