Kodiak 279RBSL Slide D Seal Re-Install - Dutchmen Owners
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Ohio
Kodiak 279RBSL Slide D Seal Re-Install

We purchased a new to us 2013 Dutchman Kodiak 279 RBSL from a dealer about 3 1/2 hours away from us. Brought it home and spent the week getting it set up for a weekend camping trip. Went to close the slides and went up to make sure the tops of the slides were clean before closing them. When I took a look at the top of the longer living room slide I noticed a 'D' type seal that was loose on top of the room along its whole length except for the two ends. I tried to see how to re-attach it, but with the limited access to that area can't figure out how to fix this.
Are there any instructions or diagrams anywhere on how to tackle this?

By the way, first time poster and first time travel trailer owner.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal 1 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	385
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	3173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal 2 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	383
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	3174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seal 3 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	382
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	3175  

sprdoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:17 PM   #2

Ohio
Well, with the help of a call to the service manager at the dealer I bought it from, I figured out where it goes and how to put it back where it belongs.

Turns out it is a seal that is attached by a track to the inside surface of the outer wall of the camper just above the slideout hole. Mainly to cut air infiltration when the slide is fully extended and not a rain seal. Was fastened at both ends by a screw into the wall. By pulling in the slide about 4", I was able to reach the screws and undo them. Pulled the D gasket inside and was able to slide it down the mating track along the top of the slide opening and then replaced the screws. Operated the slide a couple of times and it seemed to stay in place. Hope it continues to stay. Noticed that the one end of the track was slightly deformed, so hope it continues to hold. Very tight area to work in, so would hate to have to replace the track.
sprdoorman is offline   Reply With Quote